Durham points deduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

maghater

Striker
Been away for a couple of weeks, and just been checking Durham CCC scores, depressing to say the least, but can someone explain how we managed to come out of Lancs game with -1 point? Slow over rate the report said, but I cannot ever remember a side loosing 4 points for a slow over rate before.

Big problems up there this season, bad enough players being out of form, but to toss 4 points away, madness, time to sack the skipper?

had no choice but to go for the win, seamers were donig the biz. big shame but there ya go

had no choice but to go for the win, seamers were donig the biz. big shame but there ya go

the over rate was -4 the day before as well though. It didn't just suddenly happen on the 4th day. So many questions up for debate at the moment, but it was so poor to end that game on -1

the over rate was -4 the day before as well though. It didn't just suddenly happen on the 4th day. So many questions up for debate at the moment, but it was so poor to end that game on -1

aye agreed it was a dissapointment and not being at teh match i dont know how we ended up falling behind so badly, but the choice ultimately comes down to bowl scotty more whilst the seamers were taking wickets or fall behind the over rate whilst chasing the win.

thought harmisons shortened run up would have helped :lol::lol:

Been away for a couple of weeks, and just been checking Durham CCC scores, depressing to say the least, but can someone explain how we managed to come out of Lancs game with -1 point? Slow over rate the report said, but I cannot ever remember a side loosing 4 points for a slow over rate before.

the way we are playing this season did well to get that!!

aye agreed it was a dissapointment and not being at teh match i dont know how we ended up falling behind so badly, but the choice ultimately comes down to bowl scotty more whilst the seamers were taking wickets or fall behind the over rate whilst chasing the win.

thought harmisons shortened run up would have helped :lol::lol:

He's definately shortened his run up.

Our next LVCC game is a must win

Mustard was in a no win situation. runs were tight, Onions and unbelievably Harmison were bowling well in tandem and there was always the chance that if the spinner had come on he might have been clattered and the game would have been over.

the big mistake in the game was to take young Harrison off when he was bowling well with Onions.

If we'd got 16 points for the win the deduction would have been worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back