Durham News re: Stokes & Harmison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmison just didn't fancy going did he. Probably will be on sky for the SL test series now

Also is Harmison not due a benefit year?

Last edited:
I have nothing against the lad, but heading into the new season with Rushworth as one of our main bowlers scares me a little.

I have nothing against the lad, but heading into the new season with Rushworth as one of our main bowlers scares me a little.

Agreed, 3years ago the lad couldnt make the squad and now given injuries he looks like opening the bowling :eek:

alot is still up in the air with our attack, we have no idea how puds has responded to reworking his action if he gets back to anywhere approaching his best then that is a good bowler to call on

Onions doesnt look like getting near the test squad without a great season in the cc behind him so will be back for us and firing [just hope they dont cart these two off around with teh lions for half the season]

Brathwaite had a very positive full year with us and i think will feature even more, looks full of promise

thats a pretty good front line attack with able support from blacky and borthwick as spinners and thorp and claydon as back up before you even think about rushy or harmison.

not to mention the likes of wood and these two newer lads, Josh Bousfield and Usman Arshad.

Thorp, Claydon, Plunkett & Onions b4 in the side b4 him

Be interesting how he goes this year. All over the shop last year to the extent they wouldnt even select him for one dayers. Has had some work done on his action - still a wicket taker but he should have become a much better bowler than he has.

Be interesting how he goes this year. All over the shop last year to the extent they wouldnt even select him for one dayers. Has had some work done on his action - still a wicket taker but he should have become a much better bowler than he has.

Was it in Australia, when we beat them in 2007 one dayers after the test drubbing and Plunkett was the star turn with the ball and has gone backwards ever since

Was it in Australia, when we beat them in 2007 one dayers after the test drubbing and Plunkett was the star turn with the ball and has gone backwards ever since

Spends too much time getting lashed, saw him in Newcastle last night, he wasn't pissed or anything

Last edited:

Spends too much time out getting pissed, "living the dream" as he puts it, to worry about cricket.

Spends too much time out getting pissed, "living the dream" as he puts it, to worry about cricket.

living the dream :lol:

As a 40 something with liver disease and a wasted career behind him how will that feel?

I think it was. He could bowl close to 90 moving it away from the bat but he had more control then than he does now. I dont know his situation but it would seem as if its been down to him not working hard enough at his game. Hes particularly shit in the one dayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back