Durham New Signing

I see James Franklin is still living rent free in the heads of a number of posters on here :lol:

Best of luck to Campbell, he’s got a tough job on his hands.

I think North's job is harder tbh, Campbell's is more or less impossible if we don't replace Rushworth well and he's basically irreplaceable

He is a good man, very approachable and very much geared towards winning. He’s hardworking and enjoys sharing in his team’s successes. He’s innovative - after all, he was the first to play the scoop shot in first-class cricket. It may take some time but if he’s given a chance he’ll make his mark, and the dressing room will be a happy place.

He is a good man, very approachable and very much geared towards winning. He’s hardworking and enjoys sharing in his team’s successes. He’s innovative - after all, he was the first to play the scoop shot in first-class cricket. It may take some time but if he’s given a chance he’ll make his mark, and the dressing room will be a happy place.

I sure hope so, will it also mean less lurking and more contributions from yourself? Welcome out of the shadows Steve ;)

Do you fancy opening for us next season if Lees gets a call up?

Will be impressive if he can manage this for a side that's lost Rushworth and Dickson without serious signings or huge progress from the bairns.

We've alot of inpressive youngsters who hopefully can make the jump but at the minute look in an awkward position with players untested at cc level or too good and away with England.

Will be impressive if he can manage this for a side that's lost Rushworth and Dickson without serious signings or huge progress from the bairns.

We've alot of inpressive youngsters who hopefully can make the jump but at the minute look in an awkward position with players untested at cc level or too good and away with England.

agree

but I think potts n lees and carse (if fit) will be available for majority of our cc games

I think all of our bowlers are in the category of may be missing through being called to England squads, injury prone or young and inexperienced, the exeption may be Raine depending on whether he goes to the 100 again. Tough job.

I think all of our bowlers are in the category of may be missing through being called to England squads, injury prone or young and inexperienced, the exeption may be Raine depending on whether he goes to the 100 again. Tough job.

I just don’t see how Potts gets in England Squads next summer if everyone is fit

I just don’t see how Potts gets in England Squads next summer if everyone is fit
Maybe, although he did really well, but he's on a contract so I'd expect he will get called up for get togethers at the least. Same with Carse.

Maybe, although he did really well, but he's on a contract so I'd expect he will get called up for get togethers at the least. Same with Carse.

Yeah true, he might get some white ball call ups like.

I think he will play the majority of our CC games though. Carse has stalled badly like, through injury mostly but he was wayward last year

Not really even just our bowlers tbf.

We're in the awkward position with very few players in their prime, and most either inexperienced or internationals

Just about to post

Very exciting words that

It makes total sense when stokes is from Durham and this is the way the games going

We have the perfect role model for how we should play, it might not come off but it’s 100% worth ago

He now needs to ask is borthwick the right man for this as it needs total buy in

Him and stokes are great mates so he could pick his brains but guess that’s not how it works

Back