Durham Lumiere

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's on from the 16th-19th November. If you want to visit the peninsula between 4.30pm-7.30pm you need a ticket. It's not ticketed after 7.30pm and you can visit freely. You are free to visit the rest of the installations at any time.

Tickets are free if you collect from the Durham County Council venues on the link below. You can book them online but there is a transaction fee and postage of £3.

http://www.lumiere-festival.com/durham-2017/ticketing-information/

Tickets are live from 10am this morning. They usually go quick, so get them today if you want them!

We've found it's best to go a bit later on and visit the outside areas during the ticketed time, and then visit the peninsula after the ticket restrictions are lifted.

It looks excellent this year. The new installation for the Cathedral looks very cool, and the Fire Tornado on the site of the old Passport Office looks incredible. Looking forward to the Botanical Gardens too. Unless it rains.

It's more light themed contemporary art.

It's the biggest public even happening in the UK in November. Shame some people don't get behind it

It's one of those events I've always really wanted to get to see - but it always falls at a really awkward time for me to be in the NE to be able to do so. Same again this time around.

Thought it was tremendous the first year (some of the fire art in the Cathedral was impressive). It's gotten worse every year after that.
Its still good each time, but I know what you mean. It was fairly awesome the first time, and nothing has ever really lived up to that since.

I'll still go though, if I can find someone to watch the bairn (the central stuff isnt pushchair friendly, and she won't like much of it anyway.)

Its still good each time, but I know what you mean. It was fairly awesome the first time, and nothing has ever really lived up to that since.

I'll still go though, if I can find someone to watch the bairn (the central stuff isnt pushchair friendly, and she won't like much of it anyway.)
I've got my tickets and I'll go again 100%, but it's definitely not as good as it was the first year. I can only assume the fnuding's been cut because there wasn't really a lot going on last time either.

Reactions: PTR
I've got my tickets and I'll go again 100%, but it's definitely not as good as it was the first year. I can only assume the fnuding's been cut because there wasn't really a lot going on last time either.

There was loads going on man, but it can be quite spread out. I went all four nights last time and was still seeing stuff I hadn't seen before on the last night.

There was loads going on man, but it can be quite spread out. I went all four nights last time and was still seeing stuff I hadn't seen before on the last night.
Aye, fair enough. I did walk a fair distance but it just wasn't as impressive as the first time. Hoping it's a bit better this time round.

Definitely worth visiting although perhaps not quite as good as when it started. Seemed to be a bit more 'filler' in the last couple of years but there are always a couple of things that take your breath away.

I've only missed the second Lumiere. The one with the 'snowglobe' over that despot in the Market Square. Really looking forward to it this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back