RTG Durham Challenge Cup Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTG

Robot
Staff member
Our under 23s will play Spennymoor Town FC in the Durham County FA Challenge Cup Final. The match will take place at the Stadium of Light on Tuesday 31 March, kicking off at 7.30pm. Tickets are now on sale, priced at £10 for adults and a concession price of £5 for supporters aged 16 and […]

more...

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure if there's a minimum charge like there is in the FA cup but it does seem a bit high. If I'm in Sunderland that day I'll go like, but would have been good to try and get quite a big crowd in, I think a tenner will put a fair few off. Also doesn't mention if you'll be able to buy on the day, hopefully we will like.

@Thunder Road reckon we should just splash out the £25 for quinns? Get a drink and a bit buffet with it, sounds decent actually, probably better value than the £10 for a normal ticket!

Not sure if there's a minimum charge like there is in the FA cup but it does seem a bit high. If I'm in Sunderland that day I'll go like, but would have been good to try and get quite a big crowd in, I think a tenner will put a fair few off. Also doesn't mention if you'll be able to buy on the day, hopefully we will like.

@Thunder Road reckon we should just splash out the £25 for quinns? Get a drink and a bit buffet with it, sounds decent actually, probably better value than the £10 for a normal ticket!
Speaking of prices, I just looked at the ALS coach prices - 42 quid to Wimbledon. Not cheap this football supporting lark.

Think there is but it’s definitely not £10.

Think it was similar for Shields v Shildon last year

I strongly suspect that the gate price is set by Durham FA.

Looking at the rules for the cup it says that they can set the minimum admission charged. Interestingly ALL of the gate money for the final also goes to them and not to the 2 competing clubs - who only receive expenses (and I assume prize money?)

They do get prize money but it’s not a lot.

Durham FA might have to rent the SOL do this could force up the prices.

For reference, most of the teams in the Northern League charge £5-£7 per game so it’s about what I’d expect for a cup final with a team from higher leagues.

Spenny charge a tenner (possibly £12) for their home games. It was never going to be £3 a ticket for what is a first team game for them.

Christ almighty I can remember when safc could afford to say bollox to the county cup and pay the fine. Not any more. THIS is the real measure of how far we’ve fallen.

Christ almighty I can remember when safc could afford to say bollox to the county cup and pay the fine. Not any more. THIS is the real measure of how far we’ve fallen.
You do know it's the u23s?

We last won it in 2008 (when we were in the premier league)
Under owners who didn’t know enough about football to pull out and pay the fine. We used to swerve it to avoid injuries to players and pay the fine happily under owners with a long term interest and knowledge of the professional game.
Now we’re in it cos the owners can’t afford the fine.
You do know it's the u23s?
Givower man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back