Durham CCC - Head Coach

I've heard a few on here want it, and have applied with a CV
Interesting
Ryan Campbell was mentioned as a potential candidate the other day by cricinfo.
Would be interesting to see if he would choose Durham over The Netherlands. The Dutch seem to be playing their best cricket at the moment, especially after already qualifying for the 2024 T20 WC.

Last edited:
I hope he is there all winter as well when most of the technical coaching is done in the nets with the players. The summer should be more about the captain taking control of the team and the coach being used as transport for away games.
It wouldn't surprise me if the new coach didn't arrive until after the Big Bash finishes in February.

One of the reasons why i would like to see the appointment kept in house and also why i mentioned Lees taking up the vacancy of the one day captaincy so we can start planning fir the season during the winter.
Didn't Botham say that the appointment wouldn't be in house at one of the members forums, or am I imagining that?

@GordonMuchallNo1Fan might know better than me what was said at the members get together.

Last edited:
Does it?

There’s no rush like it’s November. North is in charge of the overall strategy anyway.

Take time and get the right man.
County teams are back in training. It's not exactly ideal having no coach, with preparations for 2023 well under way. November quickly becomes December and then we're into the New Year in no time.

I had heard they had approached someone regarding this job a while back and it was all but sorted. Maybe something happened or maybe other interests mean there's a delay but there now needs to be some clarification quickly.

Does it?

There’s no rush like it’s November. North is in charge of the overall strategy anyway.

Take time and get the right man.
Teams are in training now and clubs are making signings. It doesn't sit well with me if someone above the coach (or whatever stupid title they have) are making all the decisions as ultimately the coach will be the one who gets the grief. We are incredibly short on players. See what happens I guess. Either way I've got no faith in Marcus North.

Teams are in training now and clubs are making signings. It doesn't sit well with me if someone above the coach (or whatever stupid title they have) are making all the decisions as ultimately the coach will be the one who gets the grief. We are incredibly short on players. See what happens I guess. Either way I've got no faith in Marcus North.

Happens every team, Stewart makes the signings at surrey etc

Back