Durham and the 100

NorthCountryBoy

Striker
Staff member
Sorry if old news but the Durham Chief Exec is in the Cricketer this month saying that we'd want a franchise if/ when it expands from 8 to 10.

As I'm one of those that thinks it'll be a success I don't think it's an irrelevant statement.

Sorry if old news but the Durham Chief Exec is in the Cricketer this month saying that we'd want a franchise if/ when it expands from 8 to 10.

As I'm one of those that thinks it'll be a success I don't think it's an irrelevant statement.
I can't see it.

Durham seemingly have just had one of their best years for attendance in the T20 (possibly due to the extra warm weather) and we're still way behind other counties. I see nothing in this competition of benefit to Durham, just the opposite.

Annoys the hell out of me that crack, the game where they were wearing hats, I checked the temperatures and it was colder in Leeds and Manchester

No way they would be doing that shite if they were at Old Trafford
There's no consolation in that. It simply means the low attendances are for a different reason.

There's no consolation in that. It simply means the low attendances are for a different reason.

No I wasn't relating the 2 mate

Just find it really patronising and quite insulting, so far up north its that cold etc, its absolute nonsense. Just all adds to the notion of Durham being a joke, easy to pick on

No I wasn't relating the 2 mate

Just find it really patronising and quite insulting, so far up north its that cold etc, its absolute nonsense. Just all adds to the notion of Durham being a joke, easy to pick on
I tend to agree, The Sky team that night were apparently beyond a joke (I didn't see it I was at the match) there should be some decorum and common sense when covering games, well that rules David Lloyd out.

I can't see it.

Durham seemingly have just had one of their best years for attendance in the T20 (possibly due to the extra warm weather) and we're still way behind other counties. I see nothing in this competition of benefit to Durham, just the opposite.

Bizarrely our gates were up 20% but revenue generated was down according to a piece in wisden

I tend to agree, The Sky team that night were apparently beyond a joke (I didn't see it I was at the match) there should be some decorum and common sense when covering games, well that rules David Lloyd out.
I recorded it and watched the next day. Cringeworthy stuff from the SKY team. Its as if they want it to be cold when they're up here.

Back