Durham 2nd XI vs Derbyshire 2nd XI - Friday June 4th - T20

Really enjoyed the game. I stand by what I have said for a long time about Graham Clark, he's useful for 1 day cricket and I thought he batted well today especially in the second game, he set us on our way early with some aggressive cricket. He does need to focus and take it to the next level and I hope he can do that whatever the future holds for him as he's a top lad.

Bushnell was impressive, first time I've seen him live.

Salisbury was poor.

Poynter frustrating, his dismissal in the 2nd game was appalling.

I think it was Trevaskis who took a superb catch in the 2nd game, he seemed ok today.

Overall enjoyable day, good craic and cracking weather.
I'm told the plan is to play the 1st team on Wednesday vs Nottingham at CLS (Ropery Lane), then play the 2nd team on Thursday at Ropery Lane vs Leicestershire.......... both games are 2nd xi T20 championship games.

Last edited:

I'm told the plan is to play the 1st team on Wednesday vs Nottingham at CLS (Ropery Lane), then play the 2nd team on Thursday at Ropery Lane vs Leicestershire.......... both games are 2nd xi T20 championship games.
Get my second jab at 9am on Wednesday at Arnison Centre so I'm sure I'll be fighting fit for an appearance at Ropery Lane at 11.😁

I was just checking the fixtures and it looks like Wednesday's fixture is at Emirates (11am and 3pm*) and Thursday's fixture v Leics and next Monday's v Lancs are at Ropery Lane.

* advertised as 3pm but started at 2.30pm v Derbys last Friday.

I was just checking the fixtures and it looks like Wednesday's fixture is at Emirates (11am and 3pm*) and Thursday's fixture v Leics and next Monday's v Lancs are at Ropery Lane.

* advertised as 3pm but started at 2.30pm v Derbys last Friday.

Canny, I mentioned to @Poolynorm it should be a canny game. Notts fielded Hales, Trego, Patel an Christian last week in their T20 2nd XI, so I expect it will be highly competitive.

Don't think I'll be able to make it which is annoying

Back