Durham 2nd XI at Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Striker
v Northamptonshire.

Second Eleven Trophy today, noon start, 40 overs per side.

Second Eleven Championship starts tomorrow at 11am for the next three days.

Entry is free, should be a canny few days cricket if the weather is kind. Harmison, Di Venuto, Stoneman and Blackwell could all be playing.

Edit - I've been told Harmison, Blackwell, Thorp and Stoneman are definitely playing today.

Pitch inspection at 1pm, outfield was a bit damp this morning.

Last edited:
Pretty much proves what I said about Blackwell.

Fit to play 2nd XI yet not considered for the 1 day stuff for the 1st team. Ridiculous

Also having Smith as 13th man tonight is a bit daft, surely batting time in the 2nd XI would be better than carrying the drinks in Manchester?

Durham score 238-4 off 25 overs

Stoneman was out cheaply

MDV 156 not out :lol: superb that

MDV's 100 came off 61 balls 13x4s and 4x6s

Richardson got 22

Fit to play 2nd XI yet not considered for the 1 day stuff for the 1st team. Ridiculous

Also having Smith as 13th man tonight is a bit daft, surely batting time in the 2nd XI would be better than carrying the drinks in Manchester?

Stoneman was out cheaply

Richardson got 22

Should get him in on Wed and move Mustard down the order for Muchall.

safcdccc said:

Stoneman was out cheaply

Richardson got 22

Did you go mate

How was it ?

Did you go mate

How was it ?

Sadly didn't go.

What made me laugh last night in match chat was I was pretty much mentioning it's ridiculous Blackwell isn't in the 1st XI (I've said for a good while now, I will be amazed if he's playing any 1 day stuff for the 1st XI and even more of an insult that he is playing 1 day stuff at Brandon. Admin then went onto say some players are been rested for the LVCC games :lol: - I replied with "how can that be the case when they are playing 1 day stuff at Brandon if they are rested" - Laughable really, don't know why they just don't tell the truth instead of daft comments like that. Never mind

Sadly didn't go.

What made me laugh last night in match chat was I was pretty much mentioning it's ridiculous Blackwell isn't in the 1st XI (I've said for a good while now, I will be amazed if he's playing any 1 day stuff for the 1st XI and even more of an insult that he is playing 1 day stuff at Brandon. Admin then went onto say some players are been rested for the LVCC games :lol: - I replied with "how can that be the case when they are playing 1 day stuff at Brandon if they are rested" - Laughable really, don't know why they just don't tell the truth instead of daft comments like that. Never mind

I'm really starting to get sick of that LMC mate. If you speak the truth and voice concerns you are met by the same divs toeing the party-line saying shit like "Ooooh I'm sure the lads are trying really hard" and "We arent doing that bad" despite us being behind by 300 on first innings or summit.

Yvette has nee crack anymore either. She's turning into Comical Ali with all the lies and spin she comes out with - granted her hands are tied as to what the lub wants to be made public and what they don't.

Tim Wellock has always bemoaned the lack of information that comes out f the club.

Mind where Blackwell is concerned it isn't a rest he needs, quite the opposite, he needs plenty exercise. He's in terrible shape.

Feck me!! Brandons even got WiFi!!!

All the mod cons Brandon marra ;), just a shame VoR isn't there with his BBQ on.

What's the scores? I've been informed the team is Diva, Blackwell, Stoneman, Singh, Jennings, Richardson, Coughlin, Brathwaite, Thorp, Buckley, Harmison.

I'm really starting to get sick of that LMC mate. If you speak the truth and voice concerns you are met by the same divs toeing the party-line saying shit like "Ooooh I'm sure the lads are trying really hard" and "We arent doing that bad" despite us being behind by 300 on first innings or summit.

Yvette has nee crack anymore either. She's turning into Comical Ali with all the lies and spin she comes out with - granted her hands are tied as to what the lub wants to be made public and what they don't.

Tim Wellock has always bemoaned the lack of information that comes out f the club.

Mind where Blackwell is concerned it isn't a rest he needs, quite the opposite, he needs plenty exercise. He's in terrible shape.

All the mod cons Brandon marra ;), just a shame VoR isn't there with his BBQ on.

What's the scores? I've been informed the team is Diva, Blackwell, Stoneman, Singh, Jennings, Richardson, Coughlin, Brathwaite, Thorp, Buckley, Harmison.

just left 140 odd for 2

It really was comical stuff like night trying to say some of the players have been rested for LVCC games, when they are playing a 25 over game at Brandon on the very same day :lol:

Blackwell should be walking into that T20 team

Well if what I have heard about Blackwell is true he may not play for the 1st XI again.

Can't really divulge on here as its only hearsay.

Also heard he has signed for Washington to play the next few Saturdays though. Couple of Washy lads on here if I recall correctly so maybe they can confirm/deny.

Well if what I have heard about Blackwell is true he may not play for the 1st XI again.

Also heard he has signed for Washington to play the next few Saturdays though. Couple of Washy lads on here if I recall correctly so maybe they can confirm/deny.

I'll have a PM of said gossip like ;).

Northants were giving Durham the run around when I was there like. 297-4 when I left. Brathwaite took the 4th wicket with a catch down the legalise for Richardson.

Will post yesterday's scorecard and today's Close of Play scorecard when I get yem on the computer!

brandon said:

Would have been up had it been out of term mate couldn't even get up after work as been busy :-(

It's probably what some of us have heard. 100% incorrect.

Last edited:
Yesterdays scorecard:
2nd XI Trophy Durham 2nd XI v Northamptonshire
Monday, June 25 2012 (14:15) at Brandon
Durham 2nd XI Won By 110 runs
Northamptonshire won toss and decided to field

Durham 2nd XI
238 for 4 (25.0 overs)
Northamptonshire
128 for 7 (25.0 overs)

Durham 2nd XI
MD Stoneman c CAL Davis b AJ Tye 5 (9)
MJ Di Venuto* not out 156 (80)
KK Jennings c HS Gandam b MH McKiernan 28 (31)
MJ Richardson+ c and b GC Baker 23 (24)
ID Blackwell c RI Newton b GC Baker 11 (6)
R Singh not out 0 (0)
P Coughlin
MA Wood
CD Thorp
RS Buckley
SJ Harmison
Extras (4lb 11w) 15

Total 238 for 4

Bowler O M R W Wd Nb
DA Burton 5.0 1 27 0 4 (4) 0 (0)
AJ Tye 5.0 0 54 1 2 (2) 0 (0)
GC Baker 5.0 0 54 2 1 (1) 0 (0)
CS Macleod 1.0 0 18 0 1 (1) 0 (0)
MH McKiernan 5.0 0 44 1 1 (2) 0 (0)
CAL Davis 3.0 0 19 0 0 (0) 0 (0)
BH Howgego 1.0 0 18 0 1 (1) 0 (0)

Fall of Wicket - 1-18, 2-88, 3-198, 4-232

Northamptonshire
BH Howgego c MD Stoneman b SJ Harmison 6 (11)
RI Newton c MJ Richardson b CD Thorp 2 (3)
NJ O'Brien*+ c CD Thorp b P Coughlin 14 (20)
CS Macleod c MD Stoneman b P Coughlin 21 (21)
CAL Davis c MJ Richardson b MA Wood 5 (8)
HS Gandam c KK Jennings b P Coughlin 0 (2)
JM Kettleborough not out 53 (43)
GC Baker st MJ Richardson b ID Blackwell 2 (11)
DA Burton not out 16 (31)
MH McKiernan
AJ Tye
Extras (1lb 8w) 9
Total 128 for 7

Bowler O M R W Wd Nb
SJ Harmison 5.0 0 29 1 6 (6) 0 (0)
CD Thorp 2.0 0 10 1 0 (0) 0 (0)
MA Wood 4.0 0 24 1 0 (0) 0 (0)
P Coughlin 5.0 0 23 3 2 (2) 0 (0)
RS Buckley 5.0 0 20 0 0 (0) 0 (0)
ID Blackwell 4.0 0 21 1 0 (0) 0 (0)

Fall of Wicket - 1-4, 2-10, 3-43, 4-54, 5-54, 6-58, 7-70.

Weather: Cloudy Pitch: Damp
Umpires: BV Taylor I Dixon
Scorers: RV Hilton ME Woolley

EDIT - Will post todays scorecard up when I get it, but basically Northants won the toss and batted, closing on 318-5.

This was on the Northants website -

Ben Howgego laid the foundation for a solid Northamptonshire total on the opening day of their Second XI Championship match against Durham at Brandon.

The opener batted right through the day to finish on 127 not out as the County reached 318-5 from 86 overs by the close.

Howgego shared an 88-run stand for the second wicket with Rob Newton (59) after the early loss of James Kettlesborough, and then put on a further 144 with Niall O'Brien (80).

Christian Davis also weighed in with a handy 31 in the final session.

Rain had the players off twice in the evening session, for ten minutes the first time and then ending play for the day the second time - 18 overs were lost.

Last edited:
Good to see Jennings and Richardson scoring runs again.

Di Venuto :lol: class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back