Durham 2024

essex boy

Striker
Just wondering what other posters think of our chances in the county championship next season

I am a little out the loop but the likes of Ackerman, Parkinson, Carse, Potts, Bedingham, Lees, Robinson, Borthwick, Boland et al give encouragement that a title tilt is not out the equation or am I being overly optimistic

It's a good question. I think we look strong, although I don't think that applies to our bowling in comparison to years past, especially if bowlers disappear with there commitments at times. Hopefully one or more of the youngsters can fill a gap if needed, and always to remember the threat of injury to pace bowlers.
It's going to be interesting.

What New Zealanders?

I'm trying to think what you mean instead, but I'm at a loss.
@mosi No idea about cricket I was just waiting for the match to start and new Essex boy is a strange one and was wondering if he agreed with me 🤣 (BTW I just googled shittest cricket teams and NZ came up first) . I Can count on one hand the amount of cricketers I know 🫣.

Last edited:
Carse and Potts being on central contracts leaves me wondering how much of them we will see. An attack of Carse, Potts, Boland, Raine and Parkinson looks quality on paper.
Edit forgot about De Leede.

Last edited:
I think we will still see a fair bit of both Potts & Carse. Maybe not at the same time but I think playing for Durham in Div 1 would be better for them than carrying drinks for England. Although common sense doesn’t always prevail.

i think we need bowling cover for potts and carse, Is Ackerman classed as overseas?? if he is thats Boland, De Leede him and Beddingham, i think if beddingham isnt included to play t20's he'll be away

i think we need bowling cover for potts and carse, Is Ackerman classed as overseas?? if he is thats Boland, De Leede him and Beddingham, i think if beddingham isnt included to play t20's he'll be away
De Leede snuck in just before a rule change due to us leaving the EU. If it had been this season he was joining he would be an overseas.

Ackermann been here for years so probably already benefitted from whatever rule it is. Bit like Glover as he's not overseas either.

Boland and Bedingham are our only overseas players. Bedingham you'd imagine will play the blast this year, was only because of the issue we had with bowlers we chose to bring in Parnell.

If we'd had use of Potts/Carse/Coughlin we'd have not signed Parnell.

Last edited:
De Leede snuck in just before a rule change due to us leaving the EU. If it had been this season he was joining he would be an overseas.

Ackermann been here for years so probably already benefitted from whatever rule it is. Bit like Glover as he's not overseas either.

Boland and Bedingham are our only overseas players. Bedingham you'd imagine will play the blast this year, was only because of the issue we had with bowlers we chose to bring in Parnell.

If we'd had use of Potts/Carse/Coughlin we'd have not signed Parnell.
Or his orchestra

Back