Dune 2

Dinnar, but the foppy haired drip eventually turns into one. I'm out.
I don't think I read that far, I got to the end of the trilogy and thought that the story seemed completely enough, didn't read any more.

I've heard that it goes on a bit and that the Brian Herbet and Kevin J Anderson books suck balls.

I read some Kevin J Andrrson star wars novels when I was in my teens and he's nothing if not a shit author. That said, the mark of a quality author is having to write under someone else's franchise because you can't come up with a story of your own isn't it?

Not a fan of Frank Herbert books marra? I can agree that without prior knowledge of the universe it could have been very hard to watch.

Yeah can imagine if I hadnt read the books or at least researched the universe id have found the film weird and boring.
Was waiting for something to happen. Still waiting.
And what are those giant worms meant to be eating anyway on a sand planet??

Sand plankton

Last edited:
Yeah can imagine if I hadnt read the books or at least researched the universe id have found the film weird and boring.

Sand plankton
Frank has a whole life cycle penned for the sand worms irrc.
Not sure exactly what you mean there but those books were bloody awful. The Frank Herbert Dune books are superb.
A lot of people might have been put off by the 80's and 2000's shite films but this one is true to source for the most part.

Not sure exactly what you mean there but those books were bloody awful. The Frank Herbert Dune books are superb.
I agree. I don't think I read them all though. I THINK that I read three and after that the story seemed complete so I didn't read further. Duncan idaho didn't come back to life, for instance, nor did anyone turn into a sanfworm.
I didn't mind it being weird and I knew a bit about the books and story but did find the first one a bit slow, I'll watch the 2nd like
My better half hasn't read the story but thought the most recent film was awesome!

Last edited:
I don't think I read that far, I got to the end of the trilogy and thought that the story seemed completely enough, didn't read any more.

The 4th one is my favourite of the Quadrilogy - God Emperor -
You find out that Paul is actually a coward for refusing to follow his prescient vision and take the Golden Path through fear and what is required of him for the survival of mankind

Back