Dundee United

Was booked on the 08.54 Aberdeen to Dundee direct train Saturday morning, with seat and carriage reservation.

That train is now cancelled and not showing on their timetable.

Don't want to get a later train as it'll be packed with golf tourists. Catching a train before that stipulated 08.54 time probably isn't allowed....but I'm going to try anyway and get the 08.20 train....and fcuk 'em.

Yeah, lads travelling back down to Sunderland/Durham after the match Saturday might have problems.

Not saying there won’t be golf fans on the train but everyone with a ticket for The Open was sent an email advising them not to go by train but to use buses or park & ride instead.

I'm on KX Dundee now and it's mobbed with golf fans, people standing at the end of the carriages, prowling the aisles looking for anyone getting off before Leuchars 😅
I'm on KX Dundee now and it's mobbed with golf fans, people standing at the end of the carriages, prowling the aisles looking for anyone getting off before Leuchars 😅
Plus the clippie is doing a deep ticket check and it's penalty fare carnage!

Last edited:
Anyone know where the team are staying tonight? I’m going on holiday tomorrow morning so can’t go to the match but might go and hang around their hotel like a stalker if I have time later.

Assuming it’ll be one of Malmaison, Apex or the Doubletree.
Not particularly helpful to your post but I’ve just got home from driving back from Aberdeen and passed the team bus on the way past Alnwick on the A1 so they’re on their way up. Imagine be getting there relatively late.

Not particularly helpful to your post but I’ve just got home from driving back from Aberdeen and passed the team bus on the way past Alnwick on the A1 so they’re on their way up. Imagine be getting there relatively late.
Only 4 Hours by all accounts, possibly 9pm
Two of us on the 7:44 from NCL to Dundee, change at Edinboro Waverly

Last edited:
Shouldn’t this be in the Troy Parrot thread?

Back