Dubai - extreme weather

They’d probably be wise not to admit to cloud seeding which enhanced yesterdays weather. Seems they got the 2 parts water to 1 part crystals, the wrong way round.

It’s brought the whole emirate to its knees.

They’d probably be wise not to admit to cloud seeding which enhanced yesterdays weather. Seems they got the 2 parts water to 1 part crystals, the wrong way round.

It’s brought the whole emirate to its knees.
What's DXB like now?

We are due to arrive tomorrow night, then drive to Abu Dhabi Sunday

What's DXB like now?

We are due to arrive tomorrow night, then drive to Abu Dhabi Sunday
Significantly better than it was but still some problem areas.

If it’s a late night arrival then traffic on the roads will obviously be quieter which will help. On the radio this morning they said that a portion of the E11 (Sheikh Zayed Road main drag which travels through Dubai to Abu Dhabi) was still closed at the Dubai/Abu Dhabi border but clear diversions were in place. Can’t locate if it is still closed but even if it is, it might only add 20-30 mins on the journey, traffic dependent.

Seemingly once you cross into Abu Dhabi it is like night and day and much easier. While they got heavy rain, Dubai definitely received the worst of it.

Please ensure you that you drive though in the middle lanes, especially at night, as although the road is open, there are several areas where 2 or 3 lanes remain submerged in deep water, inside or outside lanes depending on the camber of the road.

I think your more problematic area might be upon arrival in Dubai as not sure the ground support there for planes is anywhere near back to normal operations.

All the best.

Update from a friend who was in Dubai. He couldn't get a direct flight back to London but found one via Baku, Azerbaijan.That flight was then delayed and he missed his connection so is now stuck in Baku airport and unable to leave as he doesn't have visa.

And they say getting there is half the fun...

Update from a friend who was in Dubai. He couldn't get a direct flight back to London but found one via Baku, Azerbaijan.That flight was then delayed and he missed his connection so is now stuck in Baku airport and unable to leave as he doesn't have visa.

And they say getting there is half the fun...

My idea of a nightmare, once I start heading home I’m just desperate to get home.

Back