Drinking at the match

I know there's an issue regarding the concourse sizes and how the stadium is looking a bit rough around the edges.

Hypothetically, if we had a new stadium, with bigger concourses and better food/drink options, would people spend more money and time at the stadium, before or after the game?
No.

I'd spend more money and time in the stadium if prices wern't a complete rip off, I don't care if everyone else does it too we should set a new standard of not f***ing our own fans over.

I know there's an issue regarding the concourse sizes and how the stadium is looking a bit rough around the edges.

Hypothetically, if we had a new stadium, with bigger concourses and better food/drink options, would people spend more money and time at the stadium, before or after the game?
I highly doubt a new stadium is anywhere near the top of SAFCs priority list.

Wimbledons ground has a little pub in it. If they did something like this, or the halfway line bar in Spurs ground it would work.

But they won’t even clean the stadium let alone refurb it
My wife stopped at the MK Dons hotel and had breakfast looking right out on the half way line and the players were in there having their breakfasts anarl.
The beds were luxurious apparently as well :eek:

Concourses etc are a shit hole really at the sol. Much like many stadiums bar the really new top end ones.

Hardly an experience that makes you want to hang around for long. Would take a huge improvement to want to actively spend time there before/after a game.

I'd spend more money and time in the stadium if prices wern't a complete rip off, I don't care if everyone else does it too we should set a new standard of not f***ing our own fans over.
Price of a pint, albeit a shite one, is cheaper in the ground than a lot pubs in the city centre. Hardly f***ing our own fans over.

Before the game certainly.
The bigger issue I think is that the facilities already look old fashioned and are not family/female friendly.
The stadium opened the club up to our much wider fan base than used Roker Park, and at the time was mind blowingly good.
Hence over time I think we will suffer gradually declining crowds without investment.
Mind if of course you have a top performing team in the Premiership, that draw will outweigh the facilities for sometime

Back