Doyle back to Bradford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn’t be comparing the level required to continue playing at that level to the level required at then Pompey or now Swindon would you? Did you bare witness to the ability that was unfolding in front of our eyes??

The level required at Pompey now is definitely higher than whatever fitness level Brett Pitman is operating at.

In terms of fitness, I would say the fitness levels today are much higher than in the 90's, if we look at the championship for example, I can't think of one player who isn't an athlete, barring Lee Tomlin.

@Swindon On Tour was it a season long loan with recall or just 6 month? Perhaps you can get him back. What are the chances of you buying him? He can't go anywhere else he's played for you & them. Bet youse could get Wyke for a undisclosed amount, your man seems to be able to raise the dead if Doyle's anything to go by. Good Luck for rest of season anyhow, I've started looking for Swindon's results these last couple of seasons.

Was on about becoming a Swindon legend doubt they have too many, (league cup team and lads that got them to the prem) and he was on course for scoring a stupid amount of goals which would have qualified for legendary status.

Didn’t realise how many he scored but I still stand by my comment.

Still believe a few twists and turns on this saga but as you can imagine absolutely gutted.
Watching him wheel away after another goal and becoming a Swindon legend, albeit a short one is still tough to take.
You know me by now and always give you an honest assessment of the club I love. The wheels are never firmly on and we get used to it when something always comes around the corner to bite your arse.
Still we keep going, we keep supporting and the Tour continues.
Just get me out of this division is all I ask :(
I thought he was a 6 footer :cool:

The level required at Pompey now is definitely higher than whatever fitness level Brett Pitman is operating at.

In terms of fitness, I would say the fitness levels today are much higher than in the 90's, if we look at the championship for example, I can't think of one player who isn't an athlete, barring Lee Tomlin.
I agree .. but you cannot compare the level of fitness or anything between Real Madrid heights it’s Pompey lows I’m what.. 1998?

I agree .. but you cannot compare the level of fitness or anything between Real Madrid heights it’s Pompey lows I’m what.. 1998?
Then we are in agreement, the point I was making is Prosinecki had to drop to a lower level than his ability because he was physically fucked, and so was only ever at Pompey because he had lost the ability to play at the highest level. Same with Pitman, never a league two player if he was fit and could run.
I’m hearing this bad news only moments ago.
Despite him wanting to stay Bradford have recalled him. Sad but we have to move on and find an immediate replacement.
Down to the bare bones with injuries despite being in a good place will become a battle for sure.

Yates looking likely to be recalled by Rotherham because Norwich recalled striker Carlton Morris from a loan at Rotherham too

Last edited:
Didn’t realise how many he scored but I still stand by my comment.
Fair enough, I was thinking if he got say 40 that'd class him as a Swindon legend, maybe. Don't know much about them to know who are classed as legends for them apart from Don Rogers, John Trollope and maybe Peter Noble, all players from my childhood that I only heard of because they beat Arsenal in the League Cup in 1969 (I think) and that's if my memory is correct.

Lee Trundle was absolute quality lower League striker, and he loved the beer and pies

He even gave a few beefy cuddles to the lovely one from Atomic Kitten.

Lucky boy. Could have been top class if he had applied himself mind

Last edited:
I think legend is a strong term to use, mind.

Maybe but national Ginger Pele recognition.
Puts my club in the spot light and I kind of like that for right reasons for once.
Brett pitman coming in I heard

Rumour doing the rounds but more of a big lump I’ve heard thus may not be suited to our style of play. Who knows,
@Swindon On Tour was it a season long loan with recall or just 6 month? Perhaps you can get him back. What are the chances of you buying him? He can't go anywhere else he's played for you & them. Bet youse could get Wyke for a undisclosed amount, your man seems to be able to raise the dead if Doyle's anything to go by. Good Luck for rest of season anyhow, I've started looking for Swindon's results these last couple of seasons.

Was on about becoming a Swindon legend doubt they have too many, (league cup team and lads that got them to the prem) and he was on course for scoring a stupid amount of goals which would have qualified for legendary status.

Season long loan with all loans having a mid term return clause.
Not ruling this out just yet. A few twists and turns but more in hope.

Last edited:
I’m hearing this bad news only moments ago.
Despite him wanting to stay Bradford have recalled him. Sad but we have to move on and find an immediate replacement.
Down to the bare bones with injuries despite being in a good place will become a battle for sure.
You can have the bloke that's meant to be on fire.....maybe he get a game in Aussie

A thread started by a Swindon fan now has two Portsmouth fans arguing on a Sunderland message board?! 😂🤷‍♂️

Have to say I was thinking the same :)
However we are your second team right? ;)
Would expect him to return to his Bradford form.

He still wants to come back.
Something worth holding onto.
January still a long month and I just want him back. :cry:

Last edited:

Wasn't Lee Tomlin made an honorary member of thr Roly Polys in the New Year's honours?

Reckon we will still make an offer for him.
Where that goes who knows. He still wants to come back which may count for something. Out of contract this Summer and then walks on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back