Dom Joly

Him off Trigger Happy fame. Just happen to follow him on social media and noticed he's in tour. Never struck me as a stand up of sorts. Just wondering if anyone has seen him perform and whats his angle? Fwiw he always comes over canny enough on social media and Trigger Happy would have me in stitches back in the day

Him off Trigger Happy fame. Just happen to follow him on social media and noticed he's in tour. Never struck me as a stand up of sorts. Just wondering if anyone has seen him perform and whats his angle? Fwiw he always comes over canny enough on social media and Trigger Happy would have me in stitches back in the day
THTV was class like.

Chucking the antiques into a removal van, the snail crossing the zebra crossing then walking off :lol:

English your second language?!

I used to love the drinking 'documentary' he did with his mate on Sky years ago too, thought he would be more of a talker rather than stand-up now if that makes any sense.

The ‘blind taste testing’ bits on random people were funny, blindfold them, ask them which cola they prefer then run away while they’re blindfold was fun. Dressing up as squirrels and running into W H Smiths then running off with their Snickers amused me too.

I saw him at the Gala Theatre in Durham a few years ago and thought he was class. He told a few funny stories about his upbringing in Lebanon, his life in general including his career on and off screen plus hoyed a few videos on screen from the likes of Trigger Happy TV.

I think his latest tour is to do with his latest book on conspiracy theories.

I saw him last week. He even says its him on stage doing a glorified powerpoint presentation about conspiracy theories.

Its alright, a few laughs and a pint or two. Had a chat with him after and he was telling me about how his house got flooded a few years ago and the “Michael The Human Onion” costume got destroyed… :lol:

It's about conspiracy theories so should be canny
I think he plays several parts in it

Very funny, interesting guy, as mentioned, THTV was brilliant, very original when it came out with a great soundtrack.

Loved a documentary he did with his mate Pete around Lebanon, where he grew up and Syria, where his family holidays were. Showed what a stunning country it was before the shit hit the fan over there.

Back