Dog lovers of SMB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever brought their dog bog back from a foreign land.

What are costs/ procedures ypu have to go through.

Looking to adopt my bro in laws dog from USA so he can have better quality of life

I know when my mate moved to Australia his dogs had to be in quarantine for 6 weeks, just to make sure they're OK to enter the country.

Never done it myself but I have looked into it. Check out https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad/overview

If you're bringing it directly into the U.K. (Accompanied or unaccompanied) It will have to travel as cargo which is expensive and the cost is determined by the weight of the dog.

Another option is to fly the dog as excess baggage into another EU country and bring it across to the uk by ferry. But you'd need to be on the same flight as the dog, and have a means of getting the dog on a ferry by car. This is obviously more of a clart on but can be significantly cheaper.

Have a look on the BritishExpats.com forum, in the moving back to the uk section - there should be some threads with people asking similar questions.

Brought 2 Collies back from USA (well our lass did, no). Cost us £2k ish for them on the same flight as her for both. They need all their injections and everything 1st though

Brought 2 Collies back from USA (well our lass did, no). Cost us £2k ish for them on the same flight as her for both. They need all their injections and everything 1st though

I know you make a connection with your pets, but fu*k me!

Doing this at the moment from Vietnam, and the cost my vary a little between Countries and agents, but i paid $500 for the microchipping, rabies shots then blood tests, this take several months. Then I've paid $1900 for flights, health certs before flying and all the other crap that has to be done. On landing in the UK, it's going to cost me around another $500 for the UK side shite the dog has to go through. You can do it by yourself cheaper, but I'm not going to risk going the airport without the right stuff and docs done right, then losing the flight money, as they won't let it on the flight, same reason UK side, if it gets rejected, it's on a plane back VN at my cost, or holed up in kennels.

Mates brought a Beagle back from Bali when they moved back to Europe.

They are Swedish and Lithuanian so they too the dog there first and then brought him to UK on pet passport scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back