Does this website pass on your email address to any third parties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Public

Striker
Some people are finding that they have received emails from SAFC, despite never passing their details to the club, and think the club might have got their address from this site.

Any chance admin could advise? Best clearing this sort of thing up before the rumours start. Cheers.

I think you just started the rumour.

Can't see it being true though

I can, my brother registered on here with a new e-mail address, did nothing else with it, then got an e-mail from 'Roy Keane' after our last match.

How did this happen, he didn't give the club his address or put an e-mail address on a season ticket application.

Click on 'Privacy Statement' at the bottom of the page, scroll down to 'Privacy Policy', and it basically says that your email address will only be passed on to third parties if you gave RTG permission to do so, when you registered.

The reason I can't see it being true is that the site is registered under the Data Protection Act and that would surely make it illegal.

Non?

It's happened to quite a few people, better ask your boss.

Non?

Click on 'Privacy Statement' at the bottom of the page, scroll down to 'Privacy Policy', and it basically says that your email address will only be passed on to third parties if you gave RTG permission to do so, when you registered.

Ive just read it, i cant remember an option to opt in or out though. How do i find out what i chose?

It says on the privacy statement to send an email to [email protected].

I don't remember a question either. So we are opted in automatically even though it says: "We will only pass on your details to other companies if you have indicated that you would like to receive further information from them.".

p.s AB22 Easy Tiger, if you can't answer the question, leave out the snotty and smug replies please.

So we are opted in automatically even though it says: "We will only pass on your details to other companies if you have indicated that you would like to receive further information from them.".
If the statement says your details will only be passed on with your permission, then I can't imagine Admin would pass on your details regardless. If you are registered with any other SAFC-related site then it might be worth checking out their DP policy.

If the statement says your details will only be passed on with your permission, then I can't imagine Admin would pass on your details regardless. If you are registered with any other SAFC-related site then it might be worth checking out their DP policy.

I am, my brother isn't. He registered here, then started getting e-mails from 'Roy Keane' a while after even though not using that e-mail address, that can only lead me to one conclusion I am afraid. :neutral:

FWIW -

I too have received an email from Roy over the last few days.

This was sent to my hotmail account, the only email this board has had was my blueyonder one when I registered.

Thinking about it, SAFC will have been given my hotmail address at least three times. Buying tickets, SAFC TV and for their official forum page.

I am, my brother isn't. He registered here, then started getting e-mails from 'Roy Keane' a while after even though not using that e-mail address, that can only lead me to one conclusion I am afraid. :neutral:

Funny, I was surprised when I started getting emails from Keano to my work address. I get them anyway to my regular yahoo email.

Now the only thing I ever sign up to with my work address, other than work related things like Debtwire, is this, as RTG won't accept my yahoo address.

I wasn't sure how it arrived, until I read this thread.

Can Admin explain this please?

Funny, I was surprised when I started getting emails from Keano to my work address. I get them anyway to my regular yahoo email.

Now the only thing I ever sign up to with my work address, other than work related things like Debtwire, is this, as RTG won't accept my yahoo address.

I wasn't sure how it arrived, until I read this thread.

Can Admin explain this please?

There's a few others in the same boat, coincidence??

Well relegated. :lol:

Having said that, nothing popping up in my inbox. In an attempt to eliminate potential cunts who sell on our personal information without explicit or positive permission I'm not signed up to the SAFC web site.

so how do we word the email to admin to ask them to stop passing on our email addresses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back