Does anyone else get the feeling some people secretly want England to lose tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've little doubt the gutter press will already have drafted rhetoric along the lines of "struggled past Tunisia, as expected thumped the minnows Panama, fell woefully short against Belgium's B Team and were dumped out by the unfancied Columbia"

It's not going to be that easy for England - for all it being the 'easy' side of the draw, Colombia, Switzerland / Sweden, Croatia / Russia are not going to be walkovers. Complacency could the biggest obstacle.

I think we should be targeting the final tbh. There's no reason why against the opposition we have to play that we can't get there

It's not going to be that easy for England - for all it being the 'easy' side of the draw, Colombia, Switzerland / Sweden, Croatia / Russia are not going to be walkovers. Complacency could the biggest obstacle.

i've not heard anyone seriously refer to it as that.

its the easier side of the draw, undoubtedly. but every team on our side of it will be seriously fancying getting to the final now. were in a group of 6 pretty evenly matched, one of which will get to the final.

people just like to say they think we will get beat so they can say 'i told you so' the next day and think they sound smart. if we win, they just say something like 'aye we were lucky that they didn't take their chances, so and so was rubbish, we'll definitely get beat in the next round'

just f***ing enjoy it

Think people don't want to get their hopes up.

We could go a long way in the WC, but we've seen the fuck ups before and we haven't had a proper test yet.

I don’t think England are complacent, they just have a pretty crap record in my life of producing when it matters, it’s also convenient at the moment to forget England have lost to the only quality team they’ve played so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back