Dodds

TBF this is the first game where I don't think he did anything wrong. We were never going to score against them, and we were lucky to keep a clean sheet- but I don't think it has much to do with tactics or team selection- we looked better when Ekwah and Rigg came on- but no closer to scoring.
It was an improvement, and I think the failure today was in recruitment. wasting time, energy and resources on Hjelde and Styles (maybe he'll turn out to be good as someone said- but I fail to see what he does than Matete couldn't do just as shitly)- instead of addressing actual needs in the squad- like a CM that was ready to start- or replace Pritchard (not even goingto bother about a striker, that ship has sailed)

Like instead of loading the team up with wingers and full backs, with single digit appearences in Ligue 1- has speakman never asked himself why Southampton would spunk 10 million on Stewart on off chance he'd be fit- or why Coventry spent so much on Simms... Strikers are valuable because good recruitment of them is the difference between Southampton scraping the playoffs and automatic (which they'd have got if Stewart had been fit imo)

Last edited:
Some of them are just shite and not ready.
Yeah. Focus too much on the future and the present suffers.
What really gets me is that investing in youth is one thing but we have simultaneously and actively driven out the experience from the squad. Nobody in their right mind would think this was a good thing to do apart from the f***ing idiots calling the shots here.

Its like a first year apprenticeship bricklayer has been giving only half the drawings and been told to build a house. Completely out of his depth

Just seen his interview.

He’s pissed off and very critical.

Im ok with what he's said.

Imo coaches cant say right for doing wrong after a defeat / bad performance.

Our fan base (and all others) demand instant gratification but our 1st team, our recruitment and our inexperienced coaches suggest that isnt gonna happen.

All in all I think he should stsy as coach and let some other idiot take all the shite that comes with managing sunderland! Thats what a smart person would do

Wouldn't want the new head coach to be tainted with this B team we have available now, Dodds should see the season out.
This. What if the new bloke comes in and we lose 6 out of 8. Doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a bad coach he’d just be working with shite.

Just seen his interview.

He’s pissed off and very critical.
Actually the most honest interview he’s done. But we most stop hiding behind injuries and look at the root cause. Injuries happen and the recruitment must cover for that and keeping on blaming them undermines the confidence of those coming in.

Back