Do we need a goal poacher

As You Were

Midfield
Massive fan of Stewart but still feel we miss too many chances. I know we only play 1 up front but personally would love it if we had a goal poacher who could play along side him. Yet again today the game should have been wrapped up by half time.

Massive fan of Stewart but still feel we miss too many chances. I know we only play 1 up front but personally would love it if we had a goal poacher who could play along side him. Yet again today the game should have been wrapped up by half time.
Who would you drop for him?

Lets hope arby is decent cos i dont want to see wright start again...flannagan does get injured so fingers crossed.

If stewart gets injured we are gonna struggle we should of signed another striker imo.

We needed another striker in the summer just to take the pressure off Stewart imo. Now we need someone like Broadhead to step up and score afew.

Stewart is as good as you can get at this level.

Runs the channels, is a great outlet for the midfield and defence, but as well as that is equally adept at running in behind, stretching CB's and creating space.

As well as that, it's not actually Stewart missing the chances (aside from Accrington last week when he should have wrapped the game up).

It's the least of our issues at the moment IMO.

We need to tighten up at the back. That being said if Flanagan had played today instead of Wright we would probably be celebrating a win. I don't think this result although disappointing is a major cause for concern.

I think we need another alternative up front, or need to change the midfield attacking options sooner. In the second half, they pretty much shut Stewart out the game and we struggled for ideas. We were not making the runs forward to stretch them but didn't have another option for an outlet either.

The forwards are not the issue
I disagree. I think the two wingers are at least part of the issue. Neither is quite up to previous standards? They're not getting into the box enough to support Stewart and not scoring enough. One or other needs to pose more of a threat - or we look at the alternatives.

Most teams will try to press us. Lj seems to see this as our greatest opportunity for open play goals.

First half today we must have beaten their press a half dozen times and been onto their back line - but never converted one of them. Just a couple and we would have been out of sight.

In place of who? Also recognising that you have to completely change a system that has only dropped 4 points so far.

We play 1 up front, and that player has 5 in 7 so far and his all-round game is absolutely top class for this level. We were 2-0 up with 80 minutes played together, the problems were in defence and midfield - and tbh, game management.

whilst he scored, and whilst its now Stewart 5 - Charlie 2 I still think we had some like the Phillips of old, we'd have converted 2 or 3 more today

Back