Disposable Income

Ooof, sorry mate, I can’t stand phrases like that. You are right, tastes will change so why put off what you can do now just because you might not want to it when you’re older?

:lol: :lol: Is he fuck, closest he got was washing the windscreens down and blowing the tyres up, he was the RAF equivalent to an Albanian hand car wash fella

You can’t :lol: I’m sure there’s folk who can explain it in much more brutal and humorous way than me but the short story is I was with someone who was less than savoury and pretty much broke me. @Lambchops @Typhoonftm @Goat Eyes
A gf or the wife? You got divorced iirc years ago.

Don’t think there’s many people who can retire at that age unfortunately. I guess what I’d like to see is got people to have more balance. Far too Ideen you hear people being content with working 40-50hr weeks and saving for their annual fortnight in the sun and looking forward to retirement. That’s not my idea of life, I’d rather live now and have nowt when I’m older

But didnt you say your goal is to escape the rat race?

I agree its daft working yourself to the bone etc, but there is a happy medium if youre sensible about things. I think many these days are too materialistic in wanting the brand new german car on lease & designer clothes etc. If you avoid all of that, then you can actually afford to do more stuff. And for me part of it is early retirement

:lol: :lol: :lol:
But didnt you say your goal is to escape the rat race?

I agree its daft working yourself to the bone etc, but there is a happy medium if youre sensible about things. I think many these days are too materialistic in wanting the brand new german car on lease & designer clothes etc. If you avoid all of that, then you can actually afford to do more stuff. And for me part of it is early retirement
Aye, I’m not including myself in my previous post. A lot of people I know tend to frown at how I try to live which is fair enough, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.
I agree with you about the material things, unfortunately that’s the way society is in western cultures, it’s all about what you own and to do that you’ve got to work. Personally, I’d rather have experiences than something material.

Last edited:
If you’ve bought a Porsche as a present for seeing the kids off to uni, I don’t think your idea of “never had a huge amount of disposable income” is a bit different from most...but either way congrats on getting a very, very nice car!
Thanks Frijj, however I've been there on my arse bones before with no money & no job & a broken back at the time. 1 year of hell unable to work living in my mates spare room, emptying my keyboard to get enough baccy for a smoke! Not as bad as some have had it like.

Back