DISCUSSION THREAD - July and August 2023 - theme "MOTION"

I think, though not in the rules, that it is considered poor form to have your entry posted in the discussion thread first. Near the beginning of the competition (admittedly years ago), it was done, but other entrants didn't like the fact that some entries were appraised, or criticised, first. So it stopped happening.
No one is seeing my pathetic efforts before the competition proper.

I already have my entries in (may have peaked too soon :lol: ) but last week I was messing about with selfies using the timer on my phone. I'm not a selfie person usually so took a few attempts to get it right.
With this in mind, I think there might be scope for a 'bloopers' thread for photos that didn't turn out the way you wanted.
What I wanted was something like this which in hindsight could just about qualify as motion.
Logon or register to see this image

My first attempt was this.:lol:

I think there might be scope for a 'bloopers' thread for photos that didn't turn out the way you wanted.
This thread is fine for "bloopers". I think also I ran a thread many years ago, just for "unexpected photographs".

And there is nothing stopping you starting your own thread if you want on the photography board. Be good to get more threads down here!

Visited a nature reserve where they hang bottles of nectar up to attract hummingbirds. I was trying to get snaps of the birds, but they're so quick and I've got loads of photos of blurs or twigs where they flew off as I took the picture.

This is the best one but out of all the bonny coloured birds, I managed to get the best picture of a completely black one!

More from my road sign collection

https://ibb.co/dmWSxmM
I've been in Richmond Park taking pics, here's one (not for entry) but showing the view of the London skyline in the background ( if you zoom in)
https://ibb.co/zRhY7gq
Hello @The Snockerty Friddle I tried to get a pic of hair in motion. Yours is good. I would post my effort but I've used my posting limit.

Hello @Hettonlass how come I can't post consecutive posts. I have to wait for someone else to post. I've seen others nanage to do it though.
Hello @jarramackem . Nic pic, were you "sittin on the dock of the bay"?

Last edited:
I already have my entries in (may have peaked too soon :lol: ) but last week I was messing about with selfies using the timer on my phone. I'm not a selfie person usually so took a few attempts to get it right.
With this in mind, I think there might be scope for a 'bloopers' thread for photos that didn't turn out the way you wanted.
What I wanted was something like this which in hindsight could just about qualify as motion.

My first attempt was this.:lol:
Post another to form a pier group!

Seriously, I do like the first one.

Back