different types of hiit training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewberry pie

Striker
I was doing the rowing machine then cross trainer and now I'm on the bike with 20 minutes total and 20 second Sprints with 40 rest, what heart rate should I aim for etc.

Don't bother with heart rates etc. it's all just about effort, you should be putting in 100% when going for it.

I do longer timing intervals, 1 min 100%, 2 min steady

I usually go the stationary bikes because I get really bored with cardio (they have TV screens which make the time pass quicker).

I'll be warming up for 3-5 mins at a pretty steady pace, then go for it at around 80-90% for 30 seconds then back down to "active recovery" again for another 3-4 minutes, then repeat 5-6 times.

Pretty straightforward ;)

I usually go the stationary bikes because I get really bored with cardio (they have TV screens which make the time pass quicker).

I'll be warming up for 3-5 mins at a pretty steady pace, then go for it at around 80-90% for 30 seconds then back down to "active recovery" again for another 3-4 minutes, then repeat 5-6 times.

Pretty straightforward ;)
lazy bastard

Just started hiit training myself at the weekend on the treadmill.

Start off doing 2 minutes steady, then 2 minutes flat out and then alternate between them every minute for around 20 minutes.

I go off something ross put up before 3m..1m..2m...1...1m...1m... then repeat

Do it 3 or four times a week and it seems to be working very well

Just started hiit training myself at the weekend on the treadmill.

Start off doing 2 minutes steady, then 2 minutes flat out and then alternate between them every minute for around 20 minutes.
treadmill isn't ideal due to the slow turn of pace. I'd always recommend the erg machine, quick turn of pace, full body exercise, low impact on joints, easy read-outs to stay motivated to beat yourself.

I've been doing tabata last week and may have overdone it a bit, I was nearly sick today after doing weights and then 20 sec sprints with 10 sec rest for 4 minutes.

my erg pb is now 1.26/500m,

is tabata canny when lifting weights as well or just better for sprints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back