Did Man U take ever take the Fulwell End?

PTID

Midfield
Talking to a Man U fan earlier, who said a mate of his, said that they did, around 1967 ish.

I said to him, if they did, its a new one on me.

Yes
If you count taking at least half of it,it was about '68 or '69. I was still at school then, went in the Fulwell and up the steps and just about the whole of the area right of the cage looking towards the pitch was Man U. Gone in early and filled it up. Police kept the cage empty, there were skirmishes but they weren't shifted.

Yes
If you count taking at least half of it,it was about '68 or '69. I was still at school then, went in the Fulwell and up the steps and just about the whole of the area right of the cage looking towards the pitch was Man U. Gone in early and filled it up. Police kept the cage empty, there were skirmishes but they weren't shifted.
I seem to remember a match about then. I was in the Main stand seats with my Grandad and Man Utd were in the left hand side of the Fulwell as you looked at it from the pitch. They got in early and stayed there.

As a former season ticket holder in the fullwell end there’s no f***ing chance of this being true. I remember when a few mags got in the end in the 90s and they got pummelled.

Back