Did anyone else think peaky blinders was rubbish?

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
Started it a few years ago and thought it was very poor. Sam Neil was putting me off as well as the halfwit brother who I found to be a terrible actor and accents on both of them comedic.

Gave it a better try and packed in at series 3 as I found it absolutely rubbish.

If it wasn’t for Murphy it would have barely been watched.

Any time I’ve said this folk have said I don’t know what I’m talking about which is fair enough but is there anyone else that didn’t think it was much cop?

Started it a few years ago and thought it was very poor. Sam Neil was putting me off as well as the halfwit brother who I found to be a terrible actor and accents on both of them comedic.

Gave it a better try and packed in at series 3 as I found it absolutely rubbish.

Any time I’ve said this folk have said I don’t know what I’m talking about which is fair enough but is there anyone else that didn’t think it was much cop?
Couldn't get past the shit attempts at accents

I couldn't get into it like. Tried and failed a couple of times but just wasn't arsed.

Seemed to lead to a rise in fellas wearing flat caps, and sharing memes with Tommy Shelby quotes about being "lone wolves" and "dangerous to cross" etc which put me off further

Couldn't get past the shit attempts at accents
Sam Neil reminded me of Stan Boardman trying to do an impression of Ian Paisley. HAVE YOUY BEYN DRANKIN THE DEVILS BUTTERMILK?
I couldn't get into it like. Tried and failed a couple of times but just wasn't arsed.

Seemed to lead to a rise in fellas wearing flat caps, and sharing memes with Tommy Shelby quotes about being "lone wolves" and "dangerous to cross" etc which put me off further
Aye 50 something single women who have been dealt a band hand off blokes love a black and white Tommy Shelby quote that he never said anyway.

Last edited:
Gave the first series a go but couldn’t get into it. Thought the accents were shite.

Not as bad as middle aged blokes sharing inspirational quotes with a black and white photo of that Tommy bloke smoking a tab.

Nowt flash, just started watching black mirror.

Back