Diana Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a Diana camera and absolutely love it like, however a cheaper option to get into photography would be and old manual Yashy, produces similar results with the light leaks etc. I'm not a teenage lass either.

I've got a Diana camera and absolutely love it like, however a cheaper option to get into photography would be and old manual Yashy, produces similar results with the light leaks etc. I'm not a teenage lass either.

Shame. Otherwise the obvious response would have been 'pics'

if its just for looking cool then go for an old olympus trip, easy to get a hold of and take nice pics and one of the coolest looking cameras ever

Logon or register to see this image

or if its cool and lomo style pics you want then try a smena symbol or smena 8m

Logon or register to see this image

Thanks for posting this - I've fancied an old basic film camera for while but been scared to take the plunge.

Having looked at all the brands/models mentioned in this thread and others, on a whim I just bought a Trip 35 in blue, quite like the simplicity of it and what you can do with it.

Bought it in blue, they look supercool I have to say, I'm a total sucker for old style electronics!

:oops:

Can't wait to receive it with my first roll of B&W film.

nice one, the trip's are class like, the one you got looks like it's been customised? remember reading a few months back that a lot of people colour them up.

nice one, the trip's are class like, the one you got looks like it's been customised? remember reading a few months back that a lot of people colour them up.
The Trip 35 group on Flikr reccomend a website of a guy who basically refurbs them back to factory condition and services the internals then sells them along with all the flashes and accessories. And yes he also replaces the leather strip.

http://www.tripman.co.uk/

Yashica electro 35s are pretty cool and takes good pictures, especially at night with it's excellent light metering.

Recently decided to get me old Nikon FA out for a change from digital and can't believe how much I enjoyed it. Taking pics of the kids with a prime lens, the results hark back to a different era of amateur photography with shallow depth of field and really striking images that you just don't seem to get with the slow zoom lenses on most cameras these days. It's a bit pricy to process/print mind, but worth it, and the extra time (and money) required means you take your time and compose the shots far more carefully.

When my kids are old enough to take a real interest in photography I think I'll force them to use one of these to learn the ropes. These cameras are cheap as chips on ebay too these days: can pick up an FE/FM with 50mm lens for about £80, the price of the throw-away digital compact that will last 2 years, while the old lump of metal will outlive all of us.

A nice simple old medium format camera would also be excellent to learn on I reckon, and can be found cheaply too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back