Diamond retro Rowell strip

Just noticed the listing ended as error in listing. Been relisted and still saying match worn even though McCartney wasn't on team sheet so what was error? Already has a £500 bid then another higher unknown bid from same bidder, just like last auction had.

If it was relisted due to an error, surely the error was the fact it was described as match worn? I'm surprised the fans museum aren't in for it (maybe they are?). If I was selling that, I'd have offers open too. So many sales fall through, especially when the price gets high. I remember a couple of years ago, our pink/purple/LSD adidas shirt in medium sold for £70 odd, with loads bidding on it. A week later...."relisted due to time waster". Ended up selling for about £20 in the end, or something like that.

If it was relisted due to an error, surely the error was the fact it was described as match worn? I'm surprised the fans museum aren't in for it (maybe they are?). If I was selling that, I'd have offers open too. So many sales fall through, especially when the price gets high. I remember a couple of years ago, our pink/purple/LSD adidas shirt in medium sold for £70 odd, with loads bidding on it. A week later...."relisted due to time waster". Ended up selling for about £20 in the end, or something like that.

Strange one that. When he first relisted it, he had a buy it now price of £900 but he then took it off and its auction only.

Very rare and lovely shirt mind.

Should be listed as player issue rather than match worn surely?

Just noticed the listing ended as error in listing. Been relisted and still saying match worn even though McCartney wasn't on team sheet so what was error? Already has a £500 bid then another higher unknown bid from same bidder, just like last auction had.

Aye, Mickey Gray played LB that day.

Definitely blue, looking at my original now, although I'm sure we'll have worn some with black on at some stage. Badge is definitely wrong, was a white ball not black. Possibly done differently for the cup final?
Looking at pictures the cup final shirts definitely look black but the replica was 100% blue. The badge is wrong like.

I’ve bought that £35 replica. Few off details but saves me paying in the hundreds for it. Would rather save for the original home shirts I’m after. Wouldn’t mind the Blue away too
Yeah same reason I bought it, Canny for the match or 5 a side, ordered an xl so hoping they’re true to size and I haven’t bought a tent!

As I do not have this shirt anymore, I never really liked it back in 91, and then we lost the final in it, I might get one. They’re about £150 on eBay for originals, so £35 for a repro might be tolerable.

I’m the fuller end of XL these days, should I go XXL?

Last edited:
Yeah same reason I bought it, Canny for the match or 5 a side, ordered an xl so hoping they’re true to size and I haven’t bought a tent!
Yeah I’ve gone XL as well. I bought one of the yellow 1990 ones off Silom Jerseys and I definitely would have been fine with a large but everything else I’ve bought that’s been produced in the Far East I’ve needed to go XL.

Yeah I’ve gone XL as well. I bought one of the yellow 1990 ones off Silom Jerseys and I definitely would have been fine with a large but everything else I’ve bought that’s been produced in the Far East I’ve needed to go XL.
I bought a home Hummel shirt from gun retro think it’s from the same season as the white one went with a large as it’s all he had and it’s very snug especially after a few pre match pints! so should be sound with an xl

The badge is wrong and the hummel and vaux are dark blue on the original, not black.
Looking at pictures the cup final shirts definitely look black but the replica was 100% blue. The badge is wrong like.
In that particular image (LINK to high res version), the VAUX is a dark blue in the photo as just checked with Photoshop's colour picker and even dark areas are in blue colour region. The hummel logo looks darker and similar in colour to the badge and text around it.

The VAUX is closer in colour to the dark blue colour on arms. You can also see the black of the ref's shorts aren't in the same colour region. If viewing on a phone you may not see it as clearly, especially if you have blue filter active.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
It’s definitely dark blue. I’ve got the original and long sleeve matchworn shirts and just checked. Only difference is that the badge is stitched rather than heat applied on the matchworn shirt.

Back