Deutshe Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

I must have missed the leaving

yes you must have, the electorate voted overwhelmingly to leave and the Government has vowed to follow through with it, we may not have left the building yet but the taxi is booked....the clutching and clinging really is unbecoming and we really should be moving forward together as one, whats left of this clingy remainder faction is, quite frankly pathetic. Nobody likes someone who is clingy.

doesnt matter on the date we are till in at the moment. we dont "leave" until article 50 is triggered and the divorce is settled.Which if DB goes iffy might not be as easy as we reckon

it'll be as easy as pie, there will quite frankly be no EU left for the faction to cling to

yes you must have, the electorate voted overwhelmingly to leave and the Government has vowed to follow through with it, we may not have left the building yet but the taxi is booked....the clutching and clinging really is unbecoming and we really should be moving forward together as one, whats left of this clingy remainder faction is, quite frankly pathetic. Nobody likes someone who is clingy.

it'll be as easy as pie, there will quite frankly be no EU left for the faction to cling to
Fingers crossed but Owld Saggyfyess won`t let her Reich go without a fight

EU/Germany really are in a bad way, which will undoubtedly reverberate globally, I'm just glad we're no longer on the front line
What makes you think Germany and the EU are ''in a bad way'' ? No matter how many times you keep repeating it doesn't mean it is true.
There you go again. Why do you seem so desperate for the EU to go tits up ?
Do you honestly think anything happening to the EU would not have a massive impact on Britain ?

Fingers crossed but Owld Saggyfyess won`t let her Reich go without a fight
As regards deutsche bank, if it did go down, I don't think merkel would or could save it, without a massive shit storm
it would open the gates for Italy to aid it's banks and every other country that sees fits to help theirs too. Something they've already pointedly told Renzi he can't do. Would pretty much be saying do as we say not as we do

What makes you think Germany and the EU are ''in a bad way'' ? No matter how many times you keep repeating it doesn't mean it is true.

You're right actually mate, EU/Germany is in absolutely rude health, I apologise.

As regards deutsche bank, if it did go down, I don't think merkel would or could save it, without a massive shit storm
it would open the gates for Italy to aid it's banks and every other country that sees fits to help theirs too. Something they've already pointedly told Renzi he can't do. Would pretty much be saying do as we say not as we do

spot on and it'll happen.

If and when Deutsche does hit the buffers Merkel will have to bail them out. Due to their size and how interconnected the big banks are if one domino goes over it takes all the rest of them with it. Infinitely worse than Lehman Brothers in 2008 so rather than be remembered as the politician who stood idly by while Deutsche Bank crashed the global economy into a bigger depression than 1929 she'd bail them out. The lesser of two evils.

And the bailout is going to happen sooner or later, probably as part of a wider bailout of the eurobanks probably triggered by Italian banks getting into trouble. Or maybe Merkel finds some kind of backdoor way of bailing them out like is currently happening in Spain. Ideally she'd like to put it off till after the 2017 election but who knows whether that's possible.

But even bailouts are only treating the symptoms and not the causes. The causes are the euro and no growth in the eurozone economies and zero/negative interest rates which cuts profits from whatever loans the banks have that are still good. Without an economic turnaround the bad loans are just going to keep piling up despite ongoing bailouts.

One year ago Piraeus bank in Greece had a five billion hole in their balance sheet. They managed to raise two billion from private sources and got the other three from the EU stability fund set up to keep Greek banks solvent. At that point the bank was valued at over four billion euros. Now you could buy the bank for one point two billion. So an ongoing situation where eurozone countries do eventually get forced into occasional/backdoor bailouts of their banks doesn't solve the problem and just perpetuates it.

I see Deutsche are in the news again,what a mess.

Deutsche Bank Abandons Wall Street Ambitions, and Focuses on Europe

I also didn't realise until recently that Cryan,who they recently fired as Chief Exec was brought up in Sunderland. Pretty cool really,I wonder if he has an affinity for the place or fancies getting some mates together to "restructure" the club,with him having a bit of time on his hands now.
And they're not very good at Europe. They need to focus on what they're good at.

And they're not very good at Europe. They need to focus on what they're good at.
I suppose the story is they are closing US business,but thats only equity and fixed income (don't know how that ties in with them bringing back an MBS desk fairly recently),but FX is one of their big revenue businesses and it seems that wasn't affected by these layoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back