Derek Pringle

rentaghost

Striker
World cup final from 1992 live on Cricinfo as we speak. Pakistan have just finished their innings and have made a challenging total of 250/6 with a nice cameo form a youngster called Inzamam (looks like he carries a bit of weight for a young kid) Great spell from Derek Pringle of 10 over 3 for 22. He can play that lad.

England need to get off to a good start

He was the worst player ever to play for England. I saw better players in the DSL and the Bradford League. That performance was probably his best but don't mention the times he went for big returns. Could not bat to save his life. Thankfully he was a Cambridge blue. He was asked to play for England but turned it down because it was his Varsity match and he would not got his blue. 30 tests 70 wickets and 700 runs. If he had played for an unfashionable side he would never have played for England.

He was the worst player ever to play for England. I saw better players in the DSL and the Bradford League. That performance was probably his best but don't mention the times he went for big returns. Could not bat to save his life. Thankfully he was a Cambridge blue. He was asked to play for England but turned it down because it was his Varsity match and he would not got his blue. 30 tests 70 wickets and 700 runs. If he had played for an unfashionable side he would never have played for England.

I was being sarcastic :lol:

Harsh as there wasn't many other options ar the time. Been a fair few worse players....then again they all didn't play 30 tests.

World cup final from 1992 live on Cricinfo as we speak. Pakistan have just finished their innings and have made a challenging total of 250/6 with a nice cameo form a youngster called Inzamam (looks like he carries a bit of weight for a young kid) Great spell from Derek Pringle of 10 over 3 for 22. He can play that lad.

England need to get off to a good start

:eek:
I was being sarcastic :lol:
you got me...... :lol:

He wasn't particularly popular with Essex either. His all rounder ability seemed to be not being particularly good at batting, bowling or fielding.

He was very good at shouting abuse to the crowd, though, when they mocked him, which didn't exactly help his cause. To this day I can't bring myself to read any of his articles because of what a twat of a player and person he was.

About as good as namesake Ryan -unfortunately Ryan didn't go to Public school or Cambridge. Somehow Derek Pringle still gets regular employment writing ill-researched drivel for the Cricket Paper.
really took the water in when serenaded with a chorus of "Who are all the pies" as he walked around the boundary before an ODI at Riverside.

Last edited:
About as good as namesake Ryan -unfortunately Ryan didn't go to Public school or Cambridge. Somehow Derek Pringle still gets regular employment writing ill-researched drivel for the Cricket Paper.
really took the water in when serenaded with a chorus of "Who are all the pies" as he walked around the boundary before an ODI at Riverside.

Spot on !

Totally agree mate.
Pringle was a joke

Not far from the truth

His opinion is held in too higher regard too

Although I have heard his book is good.

While he was no world beater. He isn’t like :lol:

3 for 22 in a world cup final and an unbeaten knock with a strike rate of 112 back in the era of low strike rates. The bloke deserves an MBE :lol:

Gooch loved him and he had a big say in selection.

Back