Derek McInnes

Falconhoof

Winger
When we inevitably fail to get promoted (sorry but I'm being realistic here) and the present manger leaves should we look to McInnes?
He wanted to come to the club in 2017 but understandably the behind the scenes chaos convinced him to stay at Aberdeen.
I realise there's a lot of knee jerk posts and threads on the board at the minute but I'd take the bloke now to be honest.

When we inevitably fail to get promoted (sorry but I'm being realistic here) and the present manger leaves should we look to McInnes?
He wanted to come to the club in 2017 but understandably the behind the scenes chaos convinced him to stay at Aberdeen.
I realise there's a lot of knee jerk posts and threads on the board at the minute but I'd take the bloke now to be honest.
Eerr No !!!

What’s he done to warrant the job though? You could make a better argument for someone like Ainsworth imo or even Darren Moore. I’m not saying I’d want them btw.

Sounds a bit shit from what I hear, and not certain the Aberdeen fans were that bothered when he went. Also did very little to establish them as a successful side even with rangers out of the picture for a while. Not sure who we should go for if we had to make yet another change, depends on who is available and that we'll depend on KLDs budget and how well he can "sell the project". Hopefully it doesn't come to that though, with any luck Johnson can go back to basics, pick his best formation and stick to it

I’d be amazed if the current manager leaves if we don’t go up.
I suppose there's no way of telling. We're yet to see how KLD responds to disappointment. This massive slump right at the business end of the season will definitely be a worry. If we then limp out of the play offs there will be questions asked. In some ways I think how he responds will be shown to how much of a say he had in the appointment. If it's his and Speakmans choice then, given all the long term talk, you'd expect him to give him time. If it was mainly driven by others then he might naturally want his own person to lead it. Aside from that it might be influenced by Wendy the players think of him, although with so many likely to leave that might be less of an issue

Think we need to gan for one of these hipster kraut types that are massively turned on by young high energy coaching techniques and tactics and fancy a long term project.

he wouldnt be in my top three choices tbh..

Sacked at Bristol City when they were 8 points from safety in the Championship. Notched a handful of 2nd places while Celtic were running away with it, Rangers were weak and the likes of Motherwell, Hearts etc faded from what they once were and then the wheels flew off

Nothing about his CV would suggest he’s got anything about him to change our fortunes.

Can we please stop recommending these four Scottish nobodies , been there done that doesn’t work.

Back