Derek Chauvin Trial

I think a lot of his defence would be on his training to apprehend non-complicit prisoners.
If he had been trained in the technique of restraining a non-compliant prisoner by kneeling on their neck, then he will probably get off with it.
It the technique is not in the police "handbook" - then he will get time.

Be more kick offs if he gets off with it.

Wonder how long the trial will last?

I’m back at work on Thursday so I’m hoping its quick - I think the reality is that it’ll run for weeks :eek:
I think a lot of his defence would be on his training to apprehend non-complicit prisoners.
If he had been trained in the technique of restraining a non-compliant prisoner by kneeling on their neck, then he will probably get off with it.
It the technique is not in the police "handbook" - then he will get time.

It’s an interesting angle certainly. I’m not familiar with police handbooks but surely it doesn’t state you have to hold your ‘stance’ until the suspect stopped breathing.

Last edited:
I watched a video the other week that explains how the knee on the neck is an actual restraining method used by the Minnesota Police..if his sentence was to be reduced because of that..dread to think what will happen.

If he goes down, which he should, they'll need to keep him out of general population. Inmates don't take kindly to cops.

Back