Derby takeover

mag in peace

Striker
Lost Magpie
Apparently there is a takeover 'imminent' for Derby. A few rumours suggest the American businessmen involved could be Dell.

Will be interesting to see who it is. Hope for Derby's sake they manage to get sound owners.

Edit - others suggesting it could be The Carlyle Group. Either way, it's a lot more promising than where they currently are.

Last edited:

Apparently there is a takeover 'imminent' for Derby. A few rumours suggest the American businessmen involved could be Dell.

Will be interesting to see who it is. Hope for Derby's sake they manage to get sound owners.

Edit - others suggesting it could be The Carlyle Group. Either way, it's a lot more promising than where they currently are.
Mike Ashley ? More cheap advertising coming shortly ?

Is it not because they took out a loan and similar to our deal if they were unable to repay the loan then the club would be sold to FPP by default?
It seems to be suggestions of an American billionaire placing a bid for the club. I can't pretend to be itk, just reading twatter.

The irony of You hoping they get sound owners🤣🤣🤣🤣

Whoever their owners were/may be, it's safe to say that they'll be better than yours.

Last edited:
We don’t want them to be owned. This would seem to put us at risk of Administration.

Wow. Great journalism.
Wonder why they haven’t stated our losses where decreasing pre Covid. It’s almost like our name has been used to add credence with almost zero research

We don’t want them to be owned. This would seem to put us at risk of Administration.

The article is not saying that SAFC would be at risk of going in to Administration but that SAFC might chose to go into Administration to off load its debt.

I think that it would be very unlikely to happen even if Derby was let off its points deduction which its hasn't (yet).

They have simply tied SAFC in to a bit of speculation that doesn't concern SAFC anymore than any other club.

Bigger fan base = more clicks I suppose.

Don't worry, it won't take the heat off you lot
What a load of shite.
Exactly ...... how the hell do we get a mention

Last edited:
The article is not saying that SAFC would be at risk of going in to Administration but that SAFC might chose to go into Administration to off load its debt.

I think that it would be very unlikely to happen even if Derby was let off its points deduction which its hasn't (yet).

They have simply tied SAFC in to a bit of speculation that doesn't concern SAFC anymore than any other club.

Bigger fan base = more clicks I suppose.
also while safc has lost money for years..it doesnt really have much inhe way of debt now..

Back