Depression thread continued...

Yeah yesterday was awful. Trying not to ruin the kids excitement. I ended up taking them to school then going back to bed until it was time to pick them up. I've had some crap birthdays in my time but that was definitely in my top 2.
Even after speaking to me. Haha. Thought I might of cheered you up lad. Only joking. You know where I am anytime bonny lad.

I had to take Friday off this week as a wellbeing day as I was getting so stressed and anxious at work.

I recently applied for a promotion as my job was being mapped over to another role. Thing is the job I was doing was pretty much the same as the one I applied for.

Obviously I got knocked back for the promotion and the job I got mapped to just fills me with anxiety.

Anyway, on my day off I was planning to get loads of stuff done round the house and get some exercise done then I get a call off the biatch who rejected me for the job to tell me about more organisational changes...

Full on panic attack....

Dreading even going back to work now. Still got stuff done on my day off and made me feel better but that call made me feel under attack 🙃 and suspect I might do/say something I regret next week

I had to take Friday off this week as a wellbeing day as I was getting so stressed and anxious at work.

I recently applied for a promotion as my job was being mapped over to another role. Thing is the job I was doing was pretty much the same as the one I applied for.

Obviously I got knocked back for the promotion and the job I got mapped to just fills me with anxiety.

Anyway, on my day off I was planning to get loads of stuff done round the house and get some exercise done then I get a call off the biatch who rejected me for the job to tell me about more organisational changes...

Full on panic attack....

Dreading even going back to work now. Still got stuff done on my day off and made me feel better but that call made me feel under attack 🙃 and suspect I might do/say something I regret next week
Never been in that situation mate but the best advice I can give is don’t say/do something you will regret. It’s never a good idea to burn your bridges. Keep your chin up.

Went out with my mate yesterday and had a relatively good day. Everybody was in bed when I came home so just went straight to sleep. I'm on lates next week so dropping kids at school then trying to motivate myself to be productive instead of going back to sleep.

That's a small win! Well done mate for getting out and enjoying yourself xx

Went out with my mate yesterday and had a relatively good day. Everybody was in bed when I came home so just went straight to sleep. I'm on lates next week so dropping kids at school then trying to motivate myself to be productive instead of going back to sleep.
When I have been in a hole and am struggling to get out I have found setting myself a small target each day of something I need to do is what seems to get me starting back to being OK again.

Plus a little exercise, fresh air and healthy food can play a big part too.

When I have been in a hole and am struggling to get out I have found setting myself a small target each day of something I need to do is what seems to get me starting back to being OK again.

Great advice. Something dead little if necessary. I always make my first one a glass of water every morning.

Full on panic attack....

How can work call you on your day off? Not on. Just adds to stress.

I used to do that but then I went full OCD with it and gave myself a massive list of targets to complete over a year. Basically from little stuff like giving myself a rick box of movies I wanted to watch or books to read to stuff like fitness targets, career targets, life goals.

All well and good with some of the smaller ones as you feel good ticking them off and gives you a focus but then cause I went to far with it I ended up giving myself anxiety over whether I could even finish it or not and cause I have OCD to a mad degree I was like must finish this and forcing myself into exhaustive sessions of doing what needed to be done to finish the list.

OCD is mad as well cause it makes you have mad thoughts, like if I don't finish this list something bad will happen, drop down dead or something and yet I know this is complete and utter bullshit but it's still a bit much having that circling round your head all the time.

So to combat that I then started not finishing them on purpose to prove that nowt would happen which of course nowt did.

I remember when I was younger I for no reason decided that if I finished watching Lost that I would die at the end of it. f***ing mental, I know. So I stopped watching it then about ten years later, I was like that was stupid as fuck and made myself watch it all..

Found it's called Magical Thinking OCD and is fairly common with people with OCD.

Anyway that's gone way of track and will have barely any relevance to the poster your replying to unless they also have MTOCD but thought it was a pretty funny story to bring up even if I have made myself the butt of the joke and come across as deranged lol.

Giving you a like. Nearly gave you a laugh but it wouldn't have been an unkind one it would have been an ironic one. It is almost like the law of unintended consequences isn't it. Good ideas........but.

i once couldn't write my cv as i was terrified my brothers house would be burgled if i used his computer as he was away.

mind coxidering my job i'm mild my ex partner sleeps in a locked room in the house by his computer she sleeps on yhe couch and no one is allowed in when he is out of the house

Last edited:
How high up can you go with sertraline before the doctors decide to put you on something else?

Had a phone call from the doctors asking about my repeat prescription the other day so took the opportunity to review it as I've been on 100mg for about 7 years now.

I mentioned how I feel like it's no longer effective and they've told me to double the daily dose, review in 3 weeks, then if no better, look at it again.

Anyone got experience with switching from sertraline to a different drug? Or adding something else in (I was on 40mg propanalol 3 times a day at one point). How do I approach it with the quacks?

Back