Denver Hume

Can’t defend effectively.
Hits too many wayward, ineffective crosses.
Injury prone record.
Has clearly been waiting for better offers from elsewhere (which is his right).

If we have a decent scouting set up now, there has simply got to be better players we could bring in. Just wish the lad well for the future and replace him.

Find these comments from fans baffling saying he's not good enough, won't be missed etc yet LJ and company want him to sign on and are giving him till 7th August.

I'd say that shows they rate him rather than they don't think he's good enough.

Some bitter people on here
Definitely some bitter fans, but I think a lot are more confused. I think most will acknowledge that he is decent and has potential, but hardly a world beater. More than anything though, with that injury record he is a risk of wasted wages for any team.

Very poor with the ball and never looked to drive forwards, needs to put in a lot of work to even make the squad

So we’ve written the lad off already? Despite suffering with McFadzean for the majority of last season?

He’s a young lad with good positive attributes and yes he needs to develop - that’s what he’s here for!

Wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if Hume went. We should have set him a deadline weeks ago. Seems like Johnson getting very annoyed/frustrated..which i alluded to this afternoon about a certain member of the club not liked within the club...not Hume by the way😅
I’m going to assume it’s Speakman. For no reason

Fair point but I think humes defensive work and positioning is just poor.

My opinion means nowt though. Down to Johnson 😉
He's not really in the team for his defensive work though is he? He's there for his driving runs going forward.

It seems Johnson wants both full backs to do that with the 2 centrebacks and defensive midfielder covering

Wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if Hume went. We should have set him a deadline weeks ago. Seems like Johnson getting very annoyed/frustrated..which i alluded to this afternoon about a certain member of the club not liked within the club...not Hume by the way😅
Agreed about them leaving it too long. As i say it raises concerns about the quality of the replacements they are considering.

It's all very well saying fuck him, he doesn't want to be here, but you can't blame the lad for wanting to explore his options. It's a short career and he'll never be on mega money. We don't know what the club has offered, it may be a shit offer. The delay could be that he wants to stay, but the club want to put him on minimum wage.

Back