Dentists costs

rentaghost

Striker
I'm an NHS patient at my local dentists. I need root canal treatment and they have told me it will cost close to £500 (be another £300 quid for a new crown etc) but on the NHS website it says root canal comes under band 2 which is £56.30. Anyone else had root canal treatment done on the NHS?

I'm an NHS patient at my local dentists. I need root canal treatment and they have told me it will cost close to £500 (be another £300 quid for a new crown etc) but on the NHS website it says root canal comes under band 2 which is £56.30. Anyone else had root canal treatment done on the NHS?
No, but I'd be calling the practice questioning the huge gulf in pricing - they sound like they're trying to pull a fast one ffs :confused:.

I don’t m ow much about this but is it root canal is £56 and the remedial work such as building it up and crown etc. is the extra.

I assume the NHS do t put your teeth back to new.

Basically they are trying to get you to do it as private treatment, have you requested a specific kind of crown that's not covered on the NHS?

It should be band 3 if done on the NHS as crowns aren't included on band 2

The root canal itself should be band 2 though. You should never have to pay more than band 3 price for any course of treatment.

Aye the crowns fair enough but they were saying;

Root canal £480

Crown £300 ish

No issue with the Crown just the root canal.

Basically they are trying to get you to do it as private treatment, have you requested a specific kind of crown that's not covered on the NHS?
I was pushed into doing it privately. My NHS dentist said he couldn’t do it. I ended up paying just under £900 in the end. He was a good dentist, and I didn’t feel a thing, so let it slide. Just before Christmas my own practice decided to go private, and offered all of us NHS patients a monthly scheme. He’s a crap Dentist anarl. I’m looking elsewhere now.

I was pushed into doing it privately. My NHS dentist said he couldn’t do it. I ended up paying just under £900 in the end. He was a good dentist, and I didn’t feel a thing, so let it slide. Just before Christmas my own practice decided to go private, and offered all of us NHS patients a monthly scheme. He’s a crap Dentist anarl. I’m looking elsewhere now.

I bet that will be the angle they will come from :( Robbing gets

Back