Deleting duplicate photos on windows.

Rusty

Midfield
Anyone know a decent program that will scan files and find duplicates? After a few years of migrating computers and hard drives I seem to have upto 3 or 4 copies of some photos in different files. Would take weeks/months to sort by hand!

I'm not sure what you mean. Give it a go and find out.
So if you have a file named mycv.pdf it will find multiples as they are all 1mb in size and have same file name. But if you took two photos in quick succession and they are same file size might show as a duplicate although they are different? I may be wrong

Source? Link?

You can't just throw accusations like that about without some proof. Ccleaner has been going for years and is one of the most populat cleaners available.
I think a few years ago hackers tagged malware onto the download file for. Ccleaner

I think a few years ago hackers tagged malware onto the download file for. Ccleaner
I'm not surprised, it's used by millions. Doesn't mean it's spyware though. Mind, I always turn off "intelligent cookie monitoring" because I'll monitor the fuckers myself, ta.

It's owned by Avast now who make the 2nd most popular Antivirus program so I'd put my house on it not being spyware.

I'm not surprised, it's used by millions. Doesn't mean it's spyware though. Mind, I always turn off "intelligent cookie monitoring" because I'll monitor the fuckers myself, ta.

It's owned by Avast now who make the 2nd most popular Antivirus program so I'd put my house on it not being spyware.
I think it's one of those we're there was a security breach and the tag stuck with it. I have ccleaner anyway and didn't know it had this function so will see what results I get with it.

I used something a few years back that was brilliant called Awesome Photo Finder; it actually analyses images and highlights duplicates within tolerances that you specify. In addition to finding actual duplicates, it can find very similar photos.

It doesn't install on your PC (the version I have doesn't); it's just a standalone "exe".

Just checked on-line and the version now available has a proper installer (which might include adware). If you want the standalone executable then PM my an email address and I'll send you it.

I’ve used these in the past and where the software finds two or three instances of a file, it gives the option to delete. I’m never sure if it means delete all or delete the multiple occurrences only, so I tend to just close the program and live with more than one copy.

We've been through this.

Getting hacked is not the same as it "being spyware". Yahoo got hacked once, is that spyware?

Who knows what was done to the 2.3 millions pcs that were infected through downloading or updating the app.

They were hacked 5 months before the actual damage was done. If they were hacked and stole info, I would say that's just a hacking but infiltrating an app that can be downloaded and then infecting your device is different.

Who knows what was done to the 2.3 millions pcs that were infected through downloading or updating the app.

They were hacked 5 months before the actual damage was done. If they were hacked and stole info, I would say that's just a hacking but infiltrating an app that can be downloaded and then infecting your device is different.
What's your point?

It got hacked in 2017 but is safe now. So what's your point? Hackers will hack. I'm sure Piriform learned a valuable f***ing lesson.

Back