Defund the BBC - discuss

Mick666

Full Back
Hello

Should the BBC, which is seeing record numbers of license fee cancellations, be defended or defunded.

Personally, I think the BBC has lost its way and is now a third rate news organisation.

It comes to something when you have to watch Al Jezerra to get any inkling of world news as opposed to the Covid Show that is the BBC.

Hello

Should the BBC, which is seeing record numbers of license fee cancellations, be defended or defunded.

Personally, I think the BBC has lost its way and is now a third rate news organisation.

It comes to something when you have to watch Al Jezerra to get any inkling of world news as opposed to the Covid Show that is the BBC.

You may not have noticed but they do far more than news

Oh ... ok ...
There’s absolutely loads. The website covers everything, and there is a dedicated news channel

If you’re surprised at the domestic focus at the moment then I don’t know what to say
Never use the bbc, I do laugh at people who rely on it for their news though.
Yeah. We all know where the real news is

It's respected the world over and I trust it.

There was some story, that one of the right wing loons on here drags up every now and then, of how they secured access to out-of-bounds areas of Syria. The reporter(s) stated they were in real danger but, having established that the crew were being chaperoned by the bad guys (for a price), this was seen (by the anti-auntie mob) as proof that the BBC were full of shit.

The BBC is one of the best things about this rotten dump of a country.

As Chunky says, the idea that it is partisan is total garbage, it pisses off the boring cock wavers at each extreme end of the political spectrum.

The single reason there's suddenly a campaign to defund the BBC is to provide extreme news organisations with even more leverage to manipulate the easily led.

Now that the Brexit disinformation campaign has been proven a roaring success, they're after an even greater slice of the shit pie and are already well on the way to convincing Joe Twitter (formerly Joe Facebook, formerly Joe Bloggs) that the Beeb is a Marxist groupthink network. Decent chance that it'll happen IMO. We're that awful as a country.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back