Decent autobiographies

"A Promoter's Tale" is excellent, about local lad Geoff Docherty's life as a bouncer\gig promoter at the Bay in Whitburn and the Mecca in Sunderland to name but a few venues. Great stories about some of the iconic rock bands of the 1970's & 80s who played gigs up here with a few punch ups hoyed in for good measure.

@chriswallace85 have you read this one yet?

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
"A Promoter's Tale" is excellent, about local lad Geoff Docherty's life as a bouncer\gig promoter at the Bay in Whitburn and the Mecca in Sunderland to name but a few venues. Great stories about some of the iconic rock bands of the 1970's & 80s who played gigs up here with a few punch ups hoyed in for good measure.

Can't say I have but did think about maybe getting me step da it.

The chapters on Kossof and Grant (Zep manager) were really interesting.

The chapters on Kossof and Grant (Zep manager) were really interesting.

https://www.randrlife.co.uk/kossoff-in-sunderland-the-true-story3954/

I liked the bit in Geoff's book where this young 17 year old (I think) lass made her singing debut at the Mecca in Sunderland. Only about half a dozen people turned up to watch her and within a few minutes the poor last broke down in tears and left the stage heartbroken.

It was Christine McVie who later joined Fleetwood Mac.

Last edited:

Back