Death

If you've taken your grandkids to see Coco, the Pixar animation, you'll know that you don't really die until no-one remembers you....

It’s hugely encouraging time then, that I won’t really die until the curtain closes on the conveyor belt taking my my coffin to the incinerator.

That’s about as long as I expect I’ll be remembered. :)

I'm more worried about losing loved ones than passing away myself.

Comprehensively believe that there is some sort of life after death, whether that be heaven, reincarnation or something else. There simply has to be IMHO.

Were all on a journey and the living conscience which we experience in life is only a small part of it I reckon. Like getting on the metro and getting off at the next stop.

Not scared of dying and if I get to see my kids grow up and any future grandkids grow up, alongside 1 trip in to space I'll have no regrets when it it happens

Since I was young I've always been adamant that if I was ever losing my mental faculties or was terminally ill that I will definitely just kill myself :lol:

I don’t think about it often. However yesterday I was at my grandmas funeral and it’s always after occasions like this I dwell on it a bit. I wonder if that’s really it or is there something else? Sadly My gut feeling is that it’s just a nothing, like before you’re born.

I used to cry myself to sleep about it as a kid, I'm still terrified at 45 (don't cry about it anymore, I think I cried as a kid because my mam died at 33 when I was 4 1/2 so it was pretty fucked up). My worst fear is carking it during the night and my bairn having to deal with that tbh.
I get that mind
There are some threads maybe you should think again before posting.
It’s never his intention to offend man. He does it on pretty much every thread and I personally think it pretty funny

Last edited:
It's a shame some can't handle the death of parents when they are getting on a bit, it's a natural progression that everyone should be prepared for but aren't.

Lots of interesting points of view on this thread.
I’m almost 50 and have thought about it a lot more than I ever did before.
Sadly I’ve been to more funerals in the last 3 years than I’d have liked and it does make me fear death a bit.

Back