1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead People's Phone Numbers

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Sandboy, Mar 12, 2018 at 2:40 PM.

1. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

It has a phonebook and I'm a combination of lazy and can't remember people's numbers.
    What exactly is wrong with that?
    alexander likes this.
  2. Cowvahlo

Cowvahlo Striker

The fact that you use a landline still...surely no one does that anymore do they?
    kamaras-tash likes this.
  3. Musicman

Musicman Striker

Quite a few numbers and even a few emails. Just doesn’t seem right pressing delete on them.
  4. samsafc

samsafc Midfield

I thought this too, once my grandma passed away i dont think ive ever rang a landline except for takeaways or taxis etc
    kamaras-tash and Cowvahlo like this.
  5. Cowvahlo

Cowvahlo Striker

Even for those it’s all off the mobile.
  6. samsafc

samsafc Midfield

Yeah i never use the housephone, its broke i reckon tbh. They're the only times i even ring a landline off me mobile
  7. janey

janey Striker Contributor

Still have me sisters, just can’t delete them.
  8. Exactly - I couldn't do it.
    look out piano and yorkyexile like this.
  9. Son of Stan

Son of Stan Winger

The last one was my Uncle's who I went to matches with when his health was better - which I deleted as it was sad seeing his smiling face.

Prior to that it was a colleague who lived beside me and who gave me lifts into work - but as she committed suicide it would have made me uncomfortable to do anything other than delete her number, especially as I'd been calling her and leaving messages before she was found.
  10. StiflerPG

StiflerPG Midfield

Mad isn't it. I still have my Dads and I won't delete that either.
  11. Ludwig

Ludwig Midfield

Like your comment, but detest Facebook ( my brothers number is still on my phone and will stay there until till my “ Day if all days “ happens ;) )
    look out piano likes this.
  12. I barely use it, it's mainly to keep up to date with family and friends that live away.
    Ludwig likes this.
  13. Kevsgreat

Kevsgreat Striker

Yeah my uncle is still on there too. He used to play a load of them daft games, Mafia Wars and that, and after he died a load of the people he played with put money in and got for flowers for the funeral. I think his lass and my cousin still talk to some of the people who organised it through his page, post updates about his daughter and stuff on there.
    look out piano likes this.
  14. Still got me dads mobile on mine. Strange seeing it too
  15. daveyc

daveyc Midfield

One. Bloke texted me less than 24hrs before he passed. I can't really delete that. Not sure why.
  16. Keith S30S

Keith S30S Inside right Staff Member Contributor

Our lass has her Mam's, she's been gone 6 years.

They use to ring every night. Shame.

My Dad's mobile phone is now my Mams as it had loads of credit on it :)
    Sandboy and cornish mackem like this.
  17. Discopants91

Discopants91 Striker

Fuck giving your number up.

Gonna invest in some kind of sophisticated chatbot to give people the willies when I die.
    Wizards Sleeve likes this.
  18. CatRyan

CatRyan Striker

Fancy keeping numbers 6/7 years after you needed them :evil:
  19. alexander

alexander Striker

I have a landline. Granted an IP one but still.

I also use an old-fashioned Filofax planner daily.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018 at 1:17 AM
    Cowvahlo likes this.