DCB Meeting Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Colonel

I think its the DCB meeting tonight about the new Durham junior leagues, fixtures and make up of the divisions being finalised. Can someone post some details up here when they are available please?

Dont talk about Washington though.

I think its the DCB meeting tonight about the new Durham junior leagues, fixtures and make up of the divisions being finalised. Can someone post some details up here when they are available please?

Dont talk about Washington though.

The Central Division booklet will be uploaded onto the Eppleton CC website in about 30 minutes as long as my scanner does not breakdown.:-D:-D

Durham Cricket board central division teams have been announced

The 2013 Durham Cricket Board Junior League fixtures have been released.

With the new league structure welcoming a regionalised format, Eppleton Cricket Club has been located in the 'Central Division' with the teams listed below.

Burnmoor
Chester le Street
Durham City
Hetton Lyons
Houghton
Kimblesworth
Philadelphia
Sunderland
Washington

More information and a full list of fixtures will uploaded on to our website Tuesday.

Brandon have their way and Houghton dont have an U11 and U13 side as far as I'm aware. Very, very strong division.

Not too different to the old DSL version TBH.

Last edited:
Be interested to see what kind of team Kimmer have. Youth was never a priority for them for a while. I seem to remember in about 2005 they first entered an Under 18's team into the County League but weren't too successful iirc.

Be interested to see what kind of team Kimmer have. Youth was never a priority for them for a while. I seem to remember in about 2005 they first entered an Under 18's team into the County League but weren't too successful iirc.
Kimblesworth? Fishwick from Durham School (?) runs the Under 11's or did. They have a couple of really good opening bowlers, or did last year, but I'll be surprised if they do anything of note at that level.

Durham City are once more the overwhelming favourites IMHO at both U11 and U13 level. CLS will be very strong at U11 level, not sure about U13's where most of the team that won the DCB tournament last year have moved on to the U15's.

I'll mention Washington again because it will be interesting to watch them at U11 level. Last season they played normal rules and there was only ever about 3 or 4 lads who ever batted. This up and coming season all of them will be required to bat. It'll be interesting too see how all 8 of them cope with that. Plus at least one of their best players has moved on up to U13's.

Snippet of dates and format
Under 11
Round Robin Group - League Cup
Sunday 28 April 2013
Sunday 5 May 2013
Sunday 12 May 2013

First League Fixture Sunday 19 May 2013

Under 13
Wednesday 1 May 2013
Wednesday 15 May 2013

First League Fixture Wednesday 22 May 2013

Under 15
Monday 13 May 2013
Monday 20 May 2013

First League Fixture Monday 3 June 2013

Under 18
First League Fixture Tuesday 7 May 2013

Knockout - League Cup
Tuesday 4 June 2013

They're mint Eppleton like. I wish I was a part of their club. :cool:

The only thing that let's Eppleton down is their effeminate opening bowler. Caught up with him on Sunday and he still looks like a walking, one man Culture Club tribute band. Fake tan, scarf, the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back