David Willey

brandon

Striker
Is shite.

Really don’t rate him at all, absolutely average bowler. Needs dropping from the England side immediately. We must have some better white ball bowlers out there than him.

Jake Ball too, equally shite.

Our fast bowling options in the shorter forms of the game are extremely poor. None of Willey, Wood, Ball, Jordan et al are good enough.

While he isn’t a bad bowler, the fact that Liam Plunkett is the best of the bunch says everything really.

Willey Out.. the player not the op ;)/

Mark Wood and Ball isn't great either but can't think of alternative.
Woakes is injured, and worryingly seems to have been injured a lot over the last 18 months. After that you're looking at Overtons and Currans. Unless they decide to fast track Brooks or look at Olly Stone.

Why is Porter not considered for any form of international cricket?
Ah, my topic this! Saw him in the CC last year and he was unplayable, I was raving about him, but ONLY bowls at 78 mph. Not sure of his one day form.

An average of 14 in the 50 over comp this year would suggest he's not bad in that form too!

Last edited:
Ah, my topic this! Saw him in the CC last year and he was unplayable, I was raving about him, but ONLY bowls at 78 mph. Not sure of his one day form.

An average of 14 in the 50 over comp this year would suggest he's not bad in that form too!
Yeh, at least worth a try. Worst that could happen is he gets smashed all over the park, that would just be a case of welcome to the club, mate.

I disagree he's a real assett upfront with the ball and often picks up key wickets too.
He has been getting better at the end and middle of the innings with the ball which has probably been his downfall and starting to show what he can do with the bat, always gonna be tough when coming in for the last 5 overs just having to swing the bat which is often his only chance.
Allrounders generally take time to get things right, Woakes wasn't great for a couple of years and neither was Ben stokes. He's also very decent on the field. You don't always have to be quick in odi's the great Australlian teams had many a medium pacer in the attack Nathan Bracken for one.

If you are going soley of yesterday blame our batsman for a poor performance in particular Stokes for playing an innings that made the pitch look like it was doing allsorts.

Brooks of Warwickshire
Saw him against Notts a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed with him, bounced out Chris Nash who walked off rubbing his shoulder where it had hit him (he edged it first). Some attack if Warwickshire can get him and Stones fit with both bowling 90mph. Brookes is definitely on England's radar, I wouldn't be surprised if he got the nod for the one day games in Sri Lanka. Possibly depends on how the Currans finish the season.

Saw him against Notts a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed with him, bounced out Chris Nash who walked off rubbing his shoulder where it had hit him (he edged it first). Some attack if Warwickshire can get him and Stones fit with both bowling 90mph. Brookes is definitely on England's radar, I wouldn't be surprised if he got the nod for the one day games in Sri Lanka. Possibly depends on how the Currans finish the season.
That is when I saw him. He reminded me of a young Stuart broad, but with a touch more pace

I like him, very harsh this
It's harsh to say he's shit but can you really pick a bowler for 4/5 overs at the start of the innings? When it swings. His batting doesn't look up to it at international standard either, only that knock against Australia that stands out. I know he usually comes in late and has to throw his bat but it very rarely comes off and he only seems to have a hoick over (more often than not to) midwicket.

Without doubt a good one day cricketer, some of the suggestions ahead of him are mental

he has been a key part of us getting to number 1 in the world

Is shite.

Really don’t rate him at all, absolutely average bowler. Needs dropping from the England side immediately. We must have some better white ball bowlers out there than him.

Jake Ball too, equally shite.

Mr Brandon to the thread please. @brandon

Back