David Moyes single-handed destroyed our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brisbanemackem

Midfield
Good if old article but hit the nail on the head.

I am no short apologist as I think he is totally incompetent as Chairman of a football club, but the fact was he financially backed a string of managers but made the mistake of believing we could compete in the top half.

After ten years of struggle at least every year we put up some sort of fight and then Short felt we were on the verge of greatness when he got his man David Moyes

All he brought was dated training methods and permeated the club with negativity and an acceptance of defeat before we kicked off.

This was such a dissapointment to Short he threw the towel in and made another fatal mistake in appointing Bain who is also an unmitigated disaster.

Short realised that nothing was working and went full circle as far as financial support is concerned.

Short has to go but Moyes was the catalyst.

West Ham will probably survive due to other teams being bloody awful but with the players available to him at West Ham they should not be flirting with relegation.

Did West Ham ask Sunderland’s Ellis Short for the lowdown on David Moyes?

We struggled every year, we sold our better players and didn’t replace them. We used the loan market to patch over the cracks and then never bothered to replace them.
All this has been happening since the last season Bruce was here.
We would have been better off getting relegated with Bruce, at least the foundations wouldn’t be so fucked

It’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard. A 10 /15 million budget in January May have kept us in the rich league. Instead we had to skank it on gambles like Gibson because we didn’t have enough fit players.

Folk forget we werent too badly placed that Jan.
A decent 2 purchases could have kept us up, just, but he gave some old marras a payday instead.

4th feb -2 points off safety with a gd 6 better off.

Last edited:
Folk forget we werent too badly placed that Jan.
A decent 2 purchases could have kept us up, just, but he gave some old marras a payday instead.

I don’t see it that way. He was given the task of bringing money in- selling to buy. We made a profit in that window when we were bottom. He signed who he could sign. Gibson was just cheap and within budget when we were short of numbersand he wasn’t given the money for a proven striker to help Defoe and give him a chance to change the system which may have kept us up and the relationship went sour after that point. We were playing a paper thin winger to hold the ball upfront.

I don’t see it that way. He was given the task of bringing money in- selling to buy. We made a profit in that window when we were bottom. He signed who he could sign. Gibson was just cheap and within budget when we were short of numbersand he wasn’t given the money for a proven striker to help Defoe and give him a chance to change the system which may have kept us up and the relationship went sour after that point. We were playing a paper thin winger to hold the ball upfront.

Was he given the funds for Ulloah? We’ll never know but he seemed to chase him with no plan b, then do feck all and accept the inevitable.

Like this Jan where we were similarly in the shit and wise/modest buying could have got us out of it. But we get 5 shit heartless loanees.
The fans dont deserve this but the club deserve everything they get.
Smalltime wankers.

He should have been sacked in October, the transition was pathetic, we had finished on such a high. There is no way that our team that finished the season would have been beaten by boro, no way. I think we had only lost 2 games since January and were a really hard team to break down

He should have been sacked in October, the transition was pathetic, we had finished on such a high. There is no way that our team that finished the season would have been beaten by boro, no way. I think we had only lost 2 games since January and were a really hard team to break down

This. Clear to all he had no desire to succeed here. About this time Ellis gave up whereas previously he’d have demanded change or pulled the trigger.

He didn't do it singlehandedly but what he did do was destroy any slight camaraderie that was in the squad from the end of the season before I'm sure. Apparently squad divisions and cracks started appearing more so than ever once he was into the role:neutral:

Moyes took over when we had alot of positivity and on the up.
No matter what budget he had he fucked that up in one press conference.

• That summer we sold Kaboul for £3M and replaced him with Djilibodji for £8M
  • We didn't pay the £6M fee for M'Vila but spent £13M on Ndong
  • He fucked Kirchhoff over in pre season when he made him start 2 games in 72 hours
  • The injury list under Moyes was huge, I don't want to blame him but when you see articles from medical people that he has worked with saying his training methods were outdated and could potentially cause people to break down and make them prone to knee injuries it makes you wonder
  • Thay January we were told numerous times by Leicester that they were not selling Ulloa to us but we didn't have a plan b which meant we went into the end of the season with Defoe and Anichebe as our options
  • He signed Pienaar, Gibson and Lescott

I know Moyes was not 100% to blame but he sucked the life out of the fans with his constant negativity and shit demeanour.

Short and Moyes can both jump off a cliff and fuck off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back