David Lloyd v JD Gyms

I’ll only look at my phone when I’m finished on one exercise and going to another one. And even then it’s usually to write down what I’ve done. Never between sets.

It’s getting worse at DL though. I saw two lads sat in the jacuzzi the other day on their phones

It’s getting worse at DL though. I saw two lads sat in the jacuzzi the other day on their phones

It's better than holding each others penises innit? See this is the problem about people making their own rules up. They're doing literally zero harm unless they're photographing/videoing someone they shouldn't be.

Same goes for the 30 second thing, I can spare 30 seconds of my life if someone needs to compose themselves or throw a text message, change their music, whatever they're doing, I can't be arsed waiting 10-20 minutes however, it's just not fun.

Focus on yourself and not what other's are doing.

It's better than holding each others penises innit? See this is the problem about people making their own rules up. They're doing literally zero harm unless they're photographing/videoing someone they shouldn't be.

Same goes for the 30 second thing, I can spare 30 seconds of my life if someone needs to compose themselves or throw a text message, change their music, whatever they're doing, I can't be arsed waiting 10-20 minutes however, it's just not fun.

Why else would someone have their expensive iPhone in a large bubble bath in full view of a swimming pool?

It’s sheer ignorance in a place like a gym when they are sat on a bench chilling that someone else could use, and it is downright suspicious/stupid in a jacuzzi.

Some people have a worrying addiction to their phones like.

What others are doing does effect things though daft to say otherwise, same If you go into a bar or something and everyones just staring at their phones. Completey kills the vibe and atmosphere. Sometimes look down a full row of benches and every single person is just staring at their phones, it's completely depressing. Like I said people going to the gym you'd think might have more discipline and motivation but seems to just be getting worse.

I am though. Stop being a silly billy when you have no idea what I am/am not putting into my workout.
Not 100% thats for sure when you're playing on your phone during workouts . Whatever your doing you'd do it better if you left the phone in your locker and you'd also avoid looking like a dossser.

Not 100% thats for sure when you're playing on your phone during workouts . Whatever your doing you'd do it better if you left the phone in your locker and you'd also avoid looking like a dossser.
The ten seconds I pick up my phone make absolutely no difference. Are you sponsored to use the word dosser or just really weird?

The ten seconds I pick up my phone make absolutely no difference. Are you sponsored to use the word dosser or just really weird?
Of course it does man sounds like you're completely in denial. Mobile phones are massively distracting, try sticking it in your locker for a few weeks and see the improvement in your workout and mindset. Dosser is just the word that sums up bums who can't manage an hour's workout without looking at their phone sorry if it upsets you.

Of course it does man sounds like you're completely in denial. Mobile phones are massively distracting, try sticking it in your locker for a few weeks and see the improvement in your workout and mindset. Dosser is just the word that sums up bums who can't manage an hour's workout without looking at their phone sorry if it upsets you.
I am neither in denial or upset but thanks for your concern. I'm also not massively distracted by my phone as I'd be resting either way.

I am neither in denial or upset but thanks for your concern. I'm also not massively distracted by my phone as I'd be resting either way.
Of course you're distracted you just don't realise it. Or refuse to accept it. They've done research into it even if the phone is face down, turned off etc they cause a impact especially amongst those who struggle to stay off them like the dossers using them at the gym during a workout.

Why else would someone have their expensive iPhone in a large bubble bath in full view of a swimming pool?

It’s sheer ignorance in a place like a gym when they are sat on a bench chilling that someone else could use, and it is downright suspicious/stupid in a jacuzzi.

Some people have a worrying addiction to their phones like.
Been to that gym since it opened and I’ve never seen anyone take their phone into the pool area .

Can’t see the harm in using your phone between sets like. I’m going to sit for a minute and rest anyway, why can’t I look at the group chat or news etc.
I’m not talking after every single set like.
It’s mad how much it winds people up.

Last edited:

Back