David Bedingham

I notice they promoted him up to number 3 after getting runs at 5 in the first match. It's not his position,
They may not be an opening at 5 for SA and his chance to play is further up the order. At 30 i doubt he can be to fussy especially with the likes of Stubbs and Brevis declaring they want to play test match cricket.

Well done Bedders. He’s done the right thing, as I doubt he’d have been picked for England at 31. Will only improve his game playing at the top level. And he’s a pretty decent player as it is 😁

Plenty of new names in that squad.
South Africa Test squad: Neil Brand (captain), David Bedingham, Ruan de Swardt, Clyde Fortuin, Zubayr Hamza, Tshepo Moreki, Mihlali Mpongwana, Duanne Olivier, Dane Paterson, Keegan Petersen, Dane Piedt, Raynard van Tonder, Shaun von Berg, and Khaya Zondo.
Disgraceful squad that. Handful of test caps between them so the rest can play hit and giggle bollocks

Disgraceful squad that. Handful of test caps between them so the rest can play hit and giggle bolloc

Disgraceful squad that. Handful of test caps between them so the rest can play hit and giggle bollocks
Sorry got lost in getting the actual squad together.
Actual squad was.
Bavuma, Bedingham, Burger, Coetzee, De Zorzi, Elgar, Jansen, Maharaj, Markram, Mulder, Ngidi, Petersen, Rabada, Stubbs, Verreyene.

Last edited:
Sorry got lost in getting the actual squad together.
Actual squad was.
Bavuma, Bedingham, Burger, Coetzee, De Zorzi, Elgar, Jansen, Maharaj, Markram, Mulder, Ngidi, Petersen, Rabada, Stubbs, Verreyene.
It’s not, I assume that’s the India series

This is the NZ squad

Neil Brand captains makeshift South Africa Test squad to New Zealand
Neil Brand captains makeshift South Africa Test squad to New Zealand

South Africa Test squad: Neil Brand (capt), David Bedingham, Ruan de Swardt, Clyde Fortuin (wk), Zubayr Hamza, Tshepo Moreki, Mihlali Mpongwana, Duanne Olivier, Dane Paterson, Keegan Petersen, Dane Piedt, Raynard van Tonder, Shaun von Berg, Khaya Zondo

Inject it 💉
Delighted for him. Would have been good to watch.

Could be a match winning knock in a completely unexpected win.

I watched up until lunch, he looked in imperious form right the way up until then - came in with SA in bother but never looked troubled, much like when he plays for us; he seemed to be batting on a different pitch to everyone else.

Hope the SA bowlers can bring it home tonight/tomorrow, pitch was turning very sharply on Day 2 so Piedt and von Berg will be key.

Last edited:
pretty poor he didn’t get a SA deal when you look at some of the names

He has undoubted ability to play consistently at that level

Bonus for us I guess. Needs to play T20 for Durham, they’ve got most things right but I thought that was a really poor decision, if he was fit

Back