Darts 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

@Randy Savage There are eight in at the moment, and each night is a knockout format, with a ÂŁ10k prize for the winner of the night. There's also a point system in place for overall.

Then top four go through to finals night after however many weeks (12?).

Which is why it's an issue just airdropping two more people back in. Tbh, I enjoyed the format last year, up until the last few weeks when it felt a bit drab.

EDIT: @Old Prestonian Last year they were announced after the Masters (though sceptics might say it was actually announced at that point due to possibly including Sherrock in the last spot, but she didn't win her tour card).

@Randy Savage There are eight in at the moment, and each night is a knockout format, with a ÂŁ10k prize for the winner of the night. There's also a point system in place for overall.

Which is why it's an issue just airdropping two more people back in. Tbh, I enjoyed the format last year, up until the last few weeks when it felt a bit drab.

EDIT: @Old Prestonian Last year they were announced after the Masters (though sceptics might say it was actually announced at that point due to possibly including Sherrock in the last spot, but she didn't win her tour card).
IIRC, last year it was fairly obvious who was going to make the last four (or the bulk of the qualifiers) before the last couple of weeks.

IIRC, last year it was fairly obvious who was going to make the last four (or the bulk of the qualifiers) before the last couple of weeks.

Maybe that was it - the fourth spot was still up for grabs though, which Cullen slipped into and then was a dart from winning the full thing.

I think it could be more competitive this year though, if they get the lineup right. Wade and Anderson dropping out should make it better.

Speak for yourself.... I'd get "no score" :):)

:lol:

I can go from a ton to 5 just like that, which is so annoying. Played a game of round the clock on holiday and battered the family off the board tbh.

Zero consistency, however! I know what I’m doing wrong/not doing sometimes (snatching, not following through, not releasing quick enough), I just can’t stop it. :evil:

:lol:

I can go from a ton to 5 just like that, which is so annoying. Played a game of round the clock on holiday and battered the family off the board tbh.

Zero consistency, however! I know what I’m doing wrong/not doing sometimes (snatching, not following through, not releasing quick enough), I just can’t stop it. :evil:

When I had my dartboard set up I used the DartConnect website to play matches against people from around the world. Superb stuff.

I knew the knockout bit, but couldn’t remember if it was 8 or 10. Old format used to be 10 until a certain point.

If it’s 8, then I’d say Smith, Price, Wright, MVG, Clayton, Humphries, Cullen, Cross.

Noppert is above Cullen in the order of merit, but Cullen just seems to have done better somehow.

PL Picks: M Smith, Wright, MVG, Price, Noppert, Aspinall, Cullen, Heta/Humphries/R Smith

The top 4 on the order of merit automatically qualify. Normally, major winners of the previous year have a good shout of being picked, so Noppert who won the UK Open in March and is 8th in the world should expect to be in the PL. Aspinall reached the final of both the Grand Slam and the Grand Prix losing both and is also world number 9. Also the finalist of the previous PL normally gets in (Cullen). Finally, the 8th spot, will probably be either Heta (World Cup Winner), Humphries (World Number 5 and Number 1 on the ProTour order of merit) and R Smith (European Champion). However I expect The PDC will include a wildcard pick like Rock or Sherrock for example

PL Picks: M Smith, Wright, MVG, Price, Noppert, Aspinall, Cullen, Heta/Humphries/R Smith

The top 4 on the order of merit automatically qualify. Normally, major winners of the previous year have a good shout of being picked, so Noppert who won the UK Open in March and is 8th in the world should expect to be in the PL. Aspinall reached the final of both the Grand Slam and the Grand Prix losing both and is also world number 9. Also the finalist of the previous PL normally gets in (Cullen). Finally, the 8th spot, will probably be either Heta (World Cup Winner), Humphries (World Number 5 and Number 1 on the ProTour order of merit) and R Smith (European Champion). However I expect The PDC will include a wildcard pick like Rock or Sherrock for example

Heta won't be in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back