Darts 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anderson doesn't seem the type who'll be happy to enter tournaments just to pick up easy money and get knocked out early. Can see him wrapping in within a year or time. Final or not last night he is definitely on the slide. Hope he does prove me wrong as he seems a decent fella

Anderson doesn't seem the type who'll be happy to enter tournaments just to pick up easy money and get knocked out early. Can see him wrapping in within a year or time. Final or not last night he is definitely on the slide. Hope he does prove me wrong as he seems a decent fella

It's crystal clear to see he is winding down as he wants to spend more time with his family, but he's certainly not "finished" in that he's suddenly shite. The standard of darts now is immense, so many good players, some who aren't even in the top 32 for example.

I've said it for a while but I think he'll have another year then pack it in. He's done well this Matchplay as he was defending 110k so he's not taken as big of a hit on the rankings as he could have.

He's already not doing as many of the European and local pro tour events. He's ranked 26th in the Pro Tour OOM, clear sign he is winding down, though some may argue he's taking it more seriously this year as he didn't even qualify for the Players Championship in 2019, albeit mainly due to back injury.

He is, hence why he keeps hinting that he'll jack it in because he's becoming passed off that he can't play like he used to.

It took the 24th leg before he hit a 180 last night.
Depends how you define "finished". If you mean he's shit then you're wrong. If you mean it's because he wants to spend more time with his family/settle himself down after a long injury then yes, that is clearly what he's doing. He's retained a ranking in the top 10 having defended a lot of money in this competition and he made the final.... That is not what a shite player does. Reaching the final of the second biggest darts competition is some effort, the field this year was incredibly strong.

Depends how you define "finished". If you mean he's shit then you're wrong. If you mean it's because he wants to spend more time with his family/settle himself down after a long injury then yes, that is clearly what he's doing. He's retained a ranking in the top 10 having defended a lot of money in this competition and he made the final.... That is not what a shite player does. Reaching the final of the second biggest darts competition is some effort, the field this year was incredibly strong.
He's not the player he was, he won't be winning any more world championships. He got lucky this week. A lot of big names went out early which was probably more to do with the conditions. If that was at Blackpool under normal circumstances he'd have been out by QF

I saw some of the final and the killer blows for me, were when Van den berg checked out on the bull a few times.

also it was very strange the lack of 180s thrown. They are human after all.

the kid spoke well post match as well and with his dancing, I think he will be a good addition to the Premier League

The field was strong, but it’s like anything else,that happens in knockout sport you can get to the final if the player in front of you plays worse.

When us and Millwall got to the semi final of the cup while in league one, we did so because of a kind draw,as Anderson did here

I have watched Anderson for a lot of years and never seen him play so bad in a final not even close and did not play well in this tournament, he said so himself.

Not saying he is finished but he is a shadow of the player he was.

He did not hit 180 till something like the 18th leg that is unheard of for him

Last edited:
The field was strong, but it’s like anything else,that happens in knockout sport you can get to the final if the player in front of you plays worse.

When us and Millwall got to the semi final of the cup while in league one, we did so because of a kind draw,as Anderson did here

I have watched Anderson for a lot of years and never seen him play so bad in a final not even close and did not play well in this tournament, he said so himself.

Not saying he is finished but he is a shadow of the player he was.

He did not hit 180 till something like the 18th leg that is unheard of for him

He's definitely winding down as I've said he misses tournaments and has had the back injury. He's still a top 10 player as per rankings which isn't too shabby £390k. He beat Pipe, James Wade, Whitlock and Smith to get to the final, with Wade having won one of the summer series events a week earlier. Reaching the final last night, has ensured he's qualified for the Grand Slam of Darts as well which he is yet to win so he'll fancy a crack at that.

It just didn't click for him last night, one of those things.

Not really sure he has much else to achieve really, he's won the main majors such as the worlds, uk open, players championship and the matchplay and he's won the premier league as well. He's won other things like the world cup of darts and the champions league of darts as well. He'll go down as being one of the best in the PDC.

He's definitely winding down as I've said he misses tournaments and has had the back injury. He's still a top 10 player as per rankings which isn't too shabby £390k. He beat Pipe, James Wade, Whitlock and Smith to get to the final, with Wade having won one of the summer series events a week earlier. Reaching the final last night, has ensured he's qualified for the Grand Slam of Darts as well which he is yet to win so he'll fancy a crack at that.

It just didn't click for him last night, one of those things.

Not really sure he has much else to achieve really, he's won the main majors such as the worlds, uk open, players championship and the matchplay and he's won the premier league as well. He's won other things like the world cup of darts and the champions league of darts as well. He'll go down as being one of the best in the PDC.

Anderson is my favourite dart player ever, will go down as top 7 player ever.

And think he is a class act and gentlemen, but his best days are well behind him imo

UPDATE

Glen Durrant will replace Kyle Anderson in the field for the 2020 World Series of Darts Finals. Session times also confirmed for next month's event in Salzburg.

Want to see Aspinall back to form. Needs a cover dart badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back