Darren Stevens

158* off 161 so far today.

43 year old, averaging mid 30's I think with the bat and under 20 with the ball in this seasons first division.

Being released by Kent at the end of the season so could be going out in style, I know some people mock his dibby dobbers but what an achievement at 43 to be one of the best all-rounders in the country still.

Last edited:

Any Surrey fan is absolutely terrified of him - he always has the wood over us. Any time we play Kent and Darren Stevens has ball or bat in hand, it's a case of hiding behind the nearest object :lol:

He's having a terrific summer. Good luck to the lad

His highest ever first class score of 237 at the age of 43.

Ajaz Patel’s figures 14-0-115-1. Poor lad will never play county cricket again after this :lol:

He is a class cricketer

People try and mock his bowling, if it was that easy everyone would be doing it, he has a lot of talent

Why arethey letting him go?

237:cool:

He's a quality, County Cricketer....always has a good September.

On his day, and with the right conditions,he can swing the ball like a boomerang.

A decent batsman too.

Kent will really miss him, but its time to move on and find his replacement.

@brandon likes this.;)
I'll be saying my goodbyes to the lad next week at Canterbury in our last match against Hampafrica - hope he gets a cracking send-off.

10 wkts and 2×50s would do for me:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting point you bring up there...

We've got 4 home grown lads out of the current side playing (I think). Genuine question - do people think that's enough?

On the face of it I don't think it's enough, would be interesting to see how man we have had in each team throughout the season

But I do think since we lost key players like Stoneman,Borthwick, Onions, Jennings and Coughlin (nearly half a team) it was always going to be a case of trial and error with some of the local lads in trying to replace them...if any made the grade great, if not then yeah look elsewhere for someone who can. Young local lads worth a chance are still getting a chance with Durham and that's the main thing

Bear in mind that's without Wood and Stokes two others that could count as home gown

Did anyone see the footage of him from about three weeks ago where he headbutted a medium pace bouncer. Like actually nutted it deliberately and then stared down the bowler. Joker.

Back