Darren Drysdale (the ref)

What happened with the goal? Couldn't really see from the north stand. Looked like the lino flagged for a foul though.
O'nien handled it on the line trying to keep it out. Ref overruled him and gave the goal. Much as they were awful it was probably the one thing they got right. It wasn't a foul, he was just stronger than the centre back. I didn't see the incident but Johnson is saying that Stockley (who scored) should have been sent off in the first half for a headbutt.

O'nien handled it on the line trying to keep it out. Ref overruled him and gave the goal. Much as they were awful it was probably the one thing they got right. It wasn't a foul, he was just stronger than the centre back. I didn't see the incident but Johnson is saying that Stockley (who scored) should have been sent off in the first half for a headbutt.

I don't recall the headbutt like. But Johnson was incensed at something on the touchline.

It looked as though the linesman flagged towards the north stand to indicate a decision in our favour like.

Last edited:
“The frustration is, are we coaching our players to wrestle, scrap, elbow, headbutt, whatever? Or will there be protection from the referees.
“I don't mind a bit of rough and tumble but I need to know what I can tell my players. - LJ

Flanagan was head butted by Stockley. Seen it clear. That was the altercation that led to loads of afters.

How's he allowed to ref us? Or do the EFL not give a shit about biased refs
Iirc all that affiliation (for refs) with supporting certain clubs and neutral refereeing went out a few years ago... . !!! Basically they can ref who the fuck the league says. Not as prominent in the PL though.

I'm sure someone can expand on this.. .

I don't recall the headbutt like. But Johnson was incensed at something on the touchline.

It looked as though the linesman flagged towards the north stand to indicate a decision in our favour like.

I didn't see a headbutt either but it was sexomd half when LJ was going mad shortly after a few awful decisons near the north east corner.

Back